Community Forum

streaming xfinity tv in browser

New Poster

streaming xfinity tv in browser

pahp I hope this is the right place to discuss this.

I've been trying to watch xfinity tv online. The stream is extremely choppy and it often locks up. I don't have any trouble with other streaming sites, whether or not they use Flash player like xfinity does. It's annoying to try to watch on my Acer laptop.

But now I just got a new HP Pavilion with AMD quad-core A10-9620P and 8GB memory and I can't watch at all in Chrome. It freezes after about two seconds.

In Firefox, xfinity crashes the Flash player so I can't watch there either.

Microsoft Edge seems to run xfinity okay -- but just barely okay. It still freezes and skips a lot... A lot.

Is there anything I can do on my end to improve xfinity TV's performance? Again, this is a brand new computer and a brand new installation of Flash player. And I've had the same issues with streaming on two other computers --- only with xfinity, not with any other streaming source, anywhere. I would expect more of xfinity than this.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: streaming xfinity tv in browser

@grumpybob wrote:

pahp I hope this is the right place to discuss this.

I've been trying to watch xfinity tv online. The stream is extremely choppy and it often locks up. I don't have any trouble with other streaming sites, whether or not they use Flash player like xfinity does. It's annoying to try to watch on my Acer laptop.

But now I just got a new HP Pavilion with AMD quad-core A10-9620P and 8GB memory and I can't watch at all in Chrome. It freezes after about two seconds.

In Firefox, xfinity crashes the Flash player so I can't watch there either.

Microsoft Edge seems to run xfinity okay -- but just barely okay. It still freezes and skips a lot... A lot.

Is there anything I can do on my end to improve xfinity TV's performance? Again, this is a brand new computer and a brand new installation of Flash player. And I've had the same issues with streaming on two other computers --- only with xfinity, not with any other streaming source, anywhere. I would expect more of xfinity than this.

If you're using wifi, try a wired connection