Community Forum

streaming live t.v.

Regular Visitor

streaming live t.v.

I purchased a Chromebook recently and have live streaming t.v. with Xfinity.  However, the audio and video do not sync  This happens a few minutes into a program.  In order to reset syncing, I have to hit Refresh which takes me back to the original live streaming page.  Lately, I have to sign back in for the program to start again.  I tried watching "Roseanne" on ABC last night but couldn't watch the show continuously because the video and audio stopped syncing and I had to repeat and Refresh/Sign back in again.  I checked with Google Help and was told this happens because Xfinity does not support HDTML5.  Is there a fix for this or will I need to select a streaming t.v. service other than Xfinity?

New Poster

Re: streaming live t.v.

@jh18 wrote:

I purchased a Chromebook recently and have live streaming t.v. with Xfinity.  However, the audio and video do not sync  This happens a few minutes into a program.  In order to reset syncing, I have to hit Refresh which takes me back to the original live streaming page.  Lately, I have to sign back in for the program to start again.  I tried watching "Roseanne" on ABC last night but couldn't watch the show continuously because the video and audio stopped syncing and I had to repeat and Refresh/Sign back in again.  I checked with Google Help and was told this happens because Xfinity does not support HDTML5.  Is there a fix for this or will I need to select a streaming t.v. service other than Xfinity?

Are all channels giving you problems? Are you able to live stream NBC or Fox? I was thinking about getting a chromebook. Has this been answered?

Regular Visitor

I don't think the problem is with the Chromebook but instead is due to my live streaming service which is Xfinity/Comcast which does not support HDTML5.  I was thinking of switching over to YouTube for live streaming t.v. but currently it does not have the two channels I watch regularly.  Other than those two channels, I rarely watch t.v.  I have no problems with watching YouTube videos.  I've developed a fascination with earthquakes and volcanoes and watch a lot of live streaming YouTube videos of active volcanoes around the world.  I love my Chromebook because it is such an uncomplicated machine.  I used to have a Windows notebook/laptop, and it drove me crazy because I am not a techie person.  The Chromebook lets me know when I need to run updates which I do by simply hitting the icon they provide which turns the Chromebook off and then automatically turns it back on.  It also lets me know when updates for apps are available.  I use my Chromebook for e-mail and internet only, and live streming t.v. which, because of my internet provider, does not work well on the Chromebook.  IMO the Chromebook is good if you don't have complicated computing needs, and suits me just fine.j  I have an R-11 and new models are coming into the market all of the time to keep up with competition.  Also, Google does not allow me to use the Geek Squad from Best Buy; Geek Squad cannot access my Chromebook on line which I have been told is a security issue with Google.  However. Google on-line help and forums are very helpful.

Expert

@jh18 wrote:

I don't think the problem is with the Chromebook but instead is due to my live streaming service which is Xfinity/Comcast which does not support HDTML5.  I was thinking of switching over to YouTube for live streaming t.v. but currently it does not have the two channels I watch regularly.  Other than those two channels, I rarely watch t.v.  I have no problems with watching YouTube videos.  I've developed a fascination with earthquakes and volcanoes and watch a lot of live streaming YouTube videos of active volcanoes around the world.  I love my Chromebook because it is such an uncomplicated machine.  I used to have a Windows notebook/laptop, and it drove me crazy because I am not a techie person.  The Chromebook lets me know when I need to run updates which I do by simply hitting the icon they provide which turns the Chromebook off and then automatically turns it back on.  It also lets me know when updates for apps are available.  I use my Chromebook for e-mail and internet only, and live streming t.v. which, because of my internet provider, does not work well on the Chromebook.  IMO the Chromebook is good if you don't have complicated computing needs, and suits me just fine.j  I have an R-11 and new models are coming into the market all of the time to keep up with competition.  Also, Google does not allow me to use the Geek Squad from Best Buy; Geek Squad cannot access my Chromebook on line which I have been told is a security issue with Google.  However. Google on-line help and forums are very helpful.

both our Chromebooks work fine with the Chrome built in browser. Have you updated your system software lately? also the newest chromebook runs the android stream TV app as well as the web stream site.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have an Acer R 11 which is not the newest Chromebook.  I have the Xfinity live streaming app downloaded.   I downloaded everything required to stream live t.v.  I've read other postings from people also experiencing sync problems using Xfinity/Comcast.

New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@jh18 wrote:

both our Chromebooks work fine with the Chrome built in browser. Have you updated your system software lately? also the newest chromebook runs the android stream TV app as well as the web stream site.

So you are able to stream live TV from the website through the chrome browser, is that correct? A comcast rep directed me towards the Xfinity Stream App for chromebooks.