Community Forum

streaming NFL Network on your computer

New Poster

Re: streaming NFL Network on your ipad

Another update. https://xtv.comcast.net/grid

Apparently only works at all if you are on your home wifi.  I do not understand the point of this service.  I guess I could buy a comp to use as a cable box on my home network, other than that I can not think of a single use for this crappy service.  Comcast just continues to hustle us.

Contributor

Why haven't you posted this online?

New Poster

It's 9/27/2015 and still this issue has not been addressed. To all concerned, please take to Twitter and Facebook to inform unsuspecting subscribers about this issue. If I would have known Comcast excludes themselves from NFL Network live streaming when I started my two Comcast accounts recently, I would have gone somewhere else. Completely unhappy with Comcast and its service at this point.

New Poster

I also came looking for the reason why Comcast would not let us stream NFL Network when companies I've never heard of allow their customers to do so. I hope someone at Comcast is listening and will address this.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: streaming NFL Network on your computer

Just downloaded nfl network app for red zone online streaming. Offers every major cable carrier in the Philadelphia area except for Comcast. UNACCEPTABLE !! Sort it out
Contributor

I found a solution!...

Cancel Comcast and get another cable provider. Comcast let my service be out for almost three weeks so I dipped and AT&T is great. I have online access to Tennis Channel, NFL Network and NFL Redzone!

New Poster

Guys, here's the issue, in a nutshell. Although NFLNetwork has repeatedly returned a message that essentially tells us that we cannot access them because NFL Red Zone isn't carried by Comcast, that's not exactly the truth. What is true is that the League wants Red Zone to be put on the Basic Tier, which Comcast refuses to do; they prefer to keep it as an incentive for customers to sign up for a more expensive package of channels. 

I suppose that the NFL could have elected to be even bigger d-bags than Comcast about this, but they no doubt view that alternative as a case of cutting their noses off to spite their faces. In any case, this is just one of the most, if not the utmost, infuriating result of the titanic battle of wills being waged between the content providers, like the NFL, and the carriers, like Cmcast and DirecTV.

It's just business, as the criminal class never tires of telling us. (Hey, take a chill pill, Capitalists. State-granted monopolies may have their place, but in no wise should they be perpetual. Although, with the drug makers and large tech firms, among others, rewriting the patent laws in the Congress and the Court, what's right seems not long for a world that is increasingly controlled by an untrammeled Might.)

New Poster

That's only a solution if you place less, or no, value on fast internet. Myself, I hate dropped frames and frequent lags and long waits for connections and page loads even more than I detest not getting a typically bad Thursday night matchup. 

As I never tire of telling my good friend, the Commish, there's nothing like knowing that you can put that cigarette down for a day or two. Who knows, maybe next season I'll go cold turkey? What the hey, it's only a week from it being the Seasonal thing to do, right?

Of course, without that NFL jones to feed, why would I even bother to keep my cable at all? Think Comcast will miss that extra $1,200+ per year, once I'm gone?

New Poster

I need it

Regular Contributor

poaying $278 a month is still not enough for comcast to carry nfl network streaming - really - what will it take?  $400 a month?

New Poster

Just realized this is a thing, getting rid of comcast asap.

Regular Contributor

We need more of us
New Poster

It is 2016 and this is still an issue...if my appartment complex didn't include comcast in my rent I would probably be looking else where. This happens allllll to often. Unfortunatly they have the absolute best internet in my area and none of the other companies can compete with there speed (when it is working properly). So for that reason and the reason above I am stuck with them..

Comcast makes too much money to let deals like this not get resolved. 

New Poster

Why is Xfinity not listed as an NFL Network subscriber/provider? This needs to be fixed now. I'm already missing preseason games. Luckily my friend has Dish so we use his account. I noticed that Xfinity is about the only service not listed. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

How is this still not fixed. I want to login to NFL app and nope!
New Poster

I thought I was doing something wrong and just couldn't find it online.  I'm watching it on my TV but I'd rather watch it on my computer in the garage too when I'm working on projects in there.  This is absolutely unacceptable in 2016, especially when you go to the NFL's website and can select practically any other TV provider in their list, including small municipal access that no one's ever heard of.  Comcast TV is a joke.  Worthless shows with little to no educational value.  The only entertainment I really cared to watch is NFL and can't even do that from any device other than my home TV.  This is god awful.  They're not even trying, no innovation, basic features, mediocrity.  It's not like you don't have competition out there.

New Poster

2016 and still nothing with NFL Network

New Poster

Still can't stream with NFL app with a Comcast subscription, but I am watching Thursday Night Football on NFL Network on my iPad using the "XFINITY TV" app.

New Poster

6 years.

Expert

5 Year Old Topic now Closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!