Community Forum

set recording remotely

New Poster

set recording remotely

How can I set my DVR to record from my laptop?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: set recording remotely

grouchotoo wrote:

How can I set my DVR to record from my laptop?

When you're on your home network, use the xf streaming website - https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

In the listings, find the show you want to record, click on it, then click on record. Will then get box with record options.

Untitled.png

Expert

adding... you can also use the smart device apps Xfinity Stream TV or the Xfinity TV Remote app.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

adding... you can also use the smart device apps Xfinity Stream TV or the Xfinity TV Remote app.

Not using a laptop as OP questioned - "from my laptop"

Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

many customers may not be familiar with the smart device apps and how they can access the same task to set a program to record remotely. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

many customers may not be familiar with the smart device apps and how they can access the same task to set a program to record remotely. 

Thats true, but the way you wrote it sounds like you're saying you can use the smart device apps on a laptop.

Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Thats true, but the way you wrote it sounds like you're saying you can use the smart device apps on a laptop.

agree. It would have been better to add 'if you have a smart device.. ' or similar. good catch!

New Poster

my stream app on my phone is not letting me set recordings. Any idea why?

Bronze Problem Solver

crreynolds1221 wrote:

my stream app on my phone is not letting me set recordings. Any idea why?

The record function was remooved due to lawsuit with tivo

More info here - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

Official Employee
New Poster

How do you set a program to record online if the "Record" option is not an available option on the screen? I am on my computer and I am trying to set a show to record tomorrow on my DVR (so I am not at home). But, when I search and find the program, there is no option to record.

Bronze Problem Solver

nuttcase12 wrote:

How do you set a program to record online if the "Record" option is not an available option on the screen? I am on my computer and I am trying to set a show to record tomorrow on my DVR (so I am not at home). But, when I search and find the program, there is no option to record.

The record option is currently not available. More info here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved: