Community Forum

samsung smart tv not compatible with xfinity stream service

New Poster

samsung smart tv not compatible with xfinity stream service

What is the solution to getting the streaming service to work on my Samsung smart tv. This service works great on my laptop and my phone but what good is it if I can not use on the Tv? Is roku stick or box the answer? lots of people seem to be having trouble with that solution. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: samsung smart tv not compatible with xfinity stream service

@adriolas wrote:

What is the solution to getting the streaming service to work on my Samsung smart tv. This service works great on my laptop and my phone but what good is it if I can not use on the Tv? Is roku stick or box the answer? lots of people seem to be having trouble with that solution. 

You can use your laptop connected to your tv with a hdmi cable or casting hardware such as chromecast

Expert

Re: samsung smart tv not compatible with xfinity stream service

@adriolas wrote:

a set top box (X1) is the best but the roku has limited features can only view cloud recordings, can't pause live TV and can't fast forward while getting images showing where you are in the recording. the Roku is currently free while in beta, and unless you have a specific line on your bill charging for HD technology will not have HD channels.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.