Community Forum

"There's a problem with DVR playback"

New Poster

"There's a problem with DVR playback"

I often watch the recordings from my DVR on my computer. Today I tried to watch but it said there was a problem but I could watch on demand instead. Needless to say, I want to watch my programs commercial free. That's why I have a DVR in the first place. I tried unplugging and replugging my X1 but that didn't fix anything.

 

How do I fix this?

Screenshot (91).png
Expert

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"


@natesplace19010 wrote:

I often watch the recordings from my DVR on my computer. Today I tried to watch but it said there was a problem but I could watch on demand instead. Needless to say, I want to watch my programs commercial free. That's why I have a DVR in the first place. I tried unplugging and replugging my X1 but that didn't fix anything.

 

How do I fix this?


you can watch the episode on your home DVR. the error means the Cloud DVR either didn't record or the recording is corrupted and can't be streamed.


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"

Were you able to get a fix o your problem? I am having the same problem!!! It is so frustrating. I do not believe the answer you received is correct, as the app shows that it recorded and is under the saved recordings, but I get the same frustrating message that you got. If you have a fix that worked, please let me know. Thank-you

Official Employee

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"

There’s a fix coming for those errors by the end of the week
New Poster

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"

It's still not working! I've been having this problem for months and its honestly ridiculous. "there's a fix coming by the end of this week" well it's a new week, where is this "fix"?? I travel a lot and I've been unable to watch my recordings for months, I'm so over this!
New Poster

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"

Having the same issue.  What's up?  

New Poster

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"

Why does OnDemand work, but DVR does not? 

New Poster

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"

There shouldn't be a problem! What is going on? We pay over $200 a month and this is the service we get? First we get the remote recording option taken away and now we can't even watch what we've recorded from our home set. Are you trying to get us to cancel our subscription?

Expert

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"


@PDX0808 wrote:

There shouldn't be a problem! What is going on? We pay over $200 a month and this is the service we get? First we get the remote recording option taken away and now we can't even watch what we've recorded from our home set. Are you trying to get us to cancel our subscription?


you are complaining to Comcast about your browser and local setup. The website is fine and needs nothing but an up to date operating system (no *unix) and a browser like Chrome that has flash enabled. try using Chrome with the flash extension turned 'off' (will turn off flash blocking).


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"

DVRplayback has been a problem for Days. Says recordings have been moved to a mobile device and will need to be move back to DVR. What the heck does that mean. I only watch recorded shows from home.
Expert

Re: "There's a problem with DVR playback"


@clartx1 wrote:
DVRplayback has been a problem for Days. Says recordings have been moved to a mobile device and will need to be move back to DVR. What the heck does that mean. I only watch recorded shows from home.

when you have completed recordings on the cloud DVR, up to 10 can be downloaded to smart devices (apple or android). the download will play up to 30 days and will not be available in home until returned by the mobile device. Are you able to check the authorized mobile apple and android devices physically to see what is listed in the 'downloads' menu item on the Xfinity Stream TV app?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.