Community Forum

"Sorry, we've run into a problem."

Frequent Visitor

"Sorry, we've run into a problem."

Hello,

 

I am a new X1 customer and I'm having frequent issues streaming tv on my computer.  I can stream without issues on a mobile device, and occasionally I can stream on my computer (seems random), but most of the time I get the following error when trying to open the channel listing:

 

https://postimg.cc/image/rvw26z337/
2018-05-10_163932.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Obviously I've tried the suggestion on the error screen, but nothing changed.  I get the same error message on multiple computers, different OS, and different browsers, which leads me to believe that the issue is not on my end. 

I found a similar thread here "Not able to watch tv onlne" but it was locked and no solution was suggested. 

Some assistance would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

 

p.s.  Whoever came up with the funny text in the Comcast error messages must have a sense of humor.  "When you sign back in it'll be fixed.  Ready?"  :-)  It certainly builds up the tension and raises my expectations... the first 100 times I saw it.  I am SO ready for it to be fixed. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

UPDATE

As a side note, I realized that I probably should have posted this issue under "XFINITY Stream Website" in the TV section of the forum.  Maybe a moderator can move it there, if necessary. 

 

Here is an update to my issue.  The error message in the original post (ftde.provision.accountMismatch) occurred when I tried opening the tv listing.  For the last couple of days I've been able to open the tv listing, but now I'm getting a different error message when I hit 'play' on any of the channels. 

 

"Subscription to This Channel Required
A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY to add it to your service."

 

and I get two different error codes on the last line of the error message:

(Error TVAPP-00203)  or  (Error player.startExternalTveLinearStream.403.403-12)

I get one of them on some channels and the other one on the rest.  It seems random. 

 

https://postimg.cc/image/wpyp1q1z7/                                   https://postimg.cc/image/vax4d0vr7/

error 2 Subscription to This Channel Required.pngerror 3 (Error player.startExternalTveLinearStream.403.403-12).png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Official Employee

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

Hi jw1111!

 

I can assist you. I've just replied to your private message. Please reply at your convenience and I can continue to investigate. this.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

can you help me too, same issue

New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

I am having the same issue. Please help 

Expert

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."


@karlynjones wrote:

I am having the same issue. Please help 


what error message/error message number are you seeing? Were you attempting to watch live/on-demand/recording?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

Mine never got resolved.

 

I get one of two possible error codes at different times.

 

Issue 1)  Some of the time, when I log into my account and click on "Watch TV Online", the channel listing never opens, and I get the following error message instead:

 

"Sorry, we've run into a problem.
The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account.
When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready?
(Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch)"

 

Issue 2)  Other times, the channel listing opens fine, and I can play all on-demand videos, but none of the live TV works.  I get the following error when I click "play" on any live channel:

 

"Subscription to This Channel Required
A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY to add it to your service.
(Error TVAPP-00203)"

Expert

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."


@jw1111 wrote:

Mine never got resolved.

 

I get one of two possible error codes at different times.

 

Issue 1)  Some of the time, when I log into my account and click on "Watch TV Online", the channel listing never opens, and I get the following error message instead:

 

"Sorry, we've run into a problem.
The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account.
When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready?
(Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch)"

 

Issue 2)  Other times, the channel listing opens fine, and I can play all on-demand videos, but none of the live TV works.  I get the following error when I click "play" on any live channel:

 

"Subscription to This Channel Required
A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY to add it to your service.
(Error TVAPP-00203)"


do live channels play on a smart device?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

Following.

 

Just started having the same issue today. I had a second address setup with Internet only. That is when it started. I think Comcast messed up my account when they merge the two addresses.

Expert

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."


@richrdberthao wrote:

Following.

 

Just started having the same issue today. I had a second address setup with Internet only. That is when it started. I think Comcast messed up my account when they merge the two addresses.


call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the agent to assist you in having your username attached to only one of those accounts. (2nd email address will be needed for your internet only account).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

No they don't.  On the Android stream app I get similar errors when playing a live channell.  "Subscription required: 12012"

New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

I spent a good amount of time with Comast support yesterday. I asked to have accounts split and it didnt seem to help. Issue was escalated. I have two computers and messed around with different browsers. I have a MAC and  a Windows. I tried Chrome, Safari, Edge, and IE. I can get my account to work in IE but no other browsers. It also works fine o my phone and iPad.

I think it is something in how the app identifies the browser, or something with Flash player.

New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

And - if you get an error code  or technical code and give that to Customer Service they have no idea what it means.  

New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

I am sick of this error!  It's on my mac and the browser won't let me log into something I pay over 200 a month for.  Does this sound like I'm getting PLAYED?  My TV shuts off when it wants, its screensaver has a mind of its own.  Every night at 1 am it tries to do an update that shuts down everything for an hour.  That is when its up.  Seriously Comcast get it together.  Now back to their error.   Sorry, we'ver run into a problem, good news we can fix it right now.  Sign back in and it will be fixed.  So you do this for a few hours and realize you're being jacked!  Help!

New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

I Think it might be the fact they never delight an old account so it gets stuck on an old account.  It has done this to me in billing. 

Expert

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."


@Steveideainfo wrote:

I am sick of this error!  It's on my mac and the browser won't let me log into something I pay over 200 a month for.  Does this sound like I'm getting PLAYED?  My TV shuts off when it wants, its screensaver has a mind of its own.  Every night at 1 am it tries to do an update that shuts down everything for an hour.  That is when its up.  Seriously Comcast get it together.  Now back to their error.   Sorry, we'ver run into a problem, good news we can fix it right now.  Sign back in and it will be fixed.  So you do this for a few hours and realize you're being jacked!  Help!


since you posted in streaming web site area let's focun on that one issue here. feel free to post in X1 for X1 related issues. Do you receive an error message number?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

@Rustyben,

I know you were responding to someone else, but did you see the screenshots I've posted in this thread?  They show the error codes I get for that error message.

Another person was trying to help me privately for a time, but they stopped responding. 

I would appreciate if anyone can help with this issue. 

Expert

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."


@jw1111 wrote:

@Rustyben,

I know you were responding to someone else, but did you see the screenshots I've posted in this thread?  They show the error codes I get for that error message.

Another person was trying to help me privately for a time, but they stopped responding. 

I would appreciate if anyone can help with this issue. 


you have no screenshots posted that I can see in this thread. would you answer questions previously asked of you?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

The customer HAS left TWO, 2, Screenshots and there both together side by side at the top of this thread. I can totally understand their frustration, just as I realize that you are not employed with Comcast & are just trying to give some support & help. Hopefully this @jw1111 has gotten tech support from customer service with sending them out to the home. But as I wrote above, this +jw1111 did leave those screenshots there and it's at the top of this thread. Please take a second to look again, as I am sure they'll be very appreciative, especially if the problem is still occuring. THANKS for taking the time to read and for all your help. NIGHT~ 

Frequent Visitor

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

@Rustyben,

I don't know why you cannot see the screenshots in the very beginnign of the thread, but other users can see them.  In my original post I posted a screenshot of the first type of error I usually get, and in my second post in this thread I posted two more screenshots of the other type of error I get, when attempting to play live channels. 

For you reference, here are all the screenshots, again. 

 

Error type #1 on PC:  cannot enter the channel listing, when I click on "Watch TV online" form my online account.  I'm getting this error as we speak. 

https://postimg.cc/image/rvw26z337/

Sorry we've run into a problem.png

 

 

Error type #2 on PC:  Some days I am able to access the channel listing, and when I click on the play button of any live channel, I get one of the following error messages (these look similar but have different error codes):

https://postimg.cc/image/wpyp1q1z7/

error 2 Subscription to This Channel Required.png

 

https://postimg.cc/image/vax4d0vr7/

error 3 (Error player.startExternalTveLinearStream.403.403-12).png

 

 

On the android app, I get a similar screen to the type 2 error above, with the message:

"Playback Cannot Continue.  Subscription required"

 

 @Rustyben, as far as I know, I've answered all questions asked of me here.  I'm not sure what you were referring to.  What would you like to know? 

Regular Visitor

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

I am having the same problem described by others on this thread.  The problem (see quotes below) began Sat. 10/27; disappeared for a few hours Monday 10/29 and then returned.  Please advise.  Thank you!

 

"Subscription to This Channel Required
A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY to add it to your service.
(Error TVAPP-00203)"

Silver Problem Solver

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."


@RGnoCNN wrote:

I am having the same problem described by others on this thread.  The problem (see quotes below) began Sat. 10/27; disappeared for a few hours Monday 10/29 and then returned.  Please advise.  Thank you!

 

"Subscription to This Channel Required
A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY to add it to your service.
(Error TVAPP-00203)"


Did you call Comcast?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

The problem disappeared again and is now back again.  I assume it is a glitch on their end.  Will contact them.  Thank you!

New Poster

Re: "Sorry, we've run into a problem."

I had same exact issue. It got resolved by creating a new user. Here is what you need to do. Sign in to xfinity.com go to My Account select Users at the top and then Add a New User. Once completed, sign in with the username you just created... ta da! Worked for me.