programs not buffering correctly

New Poster

programs not buffering correctly

programs are not buffering correctly and stopping every few seconds

Silver Problem Solver

Re: programs not buffering correctly

@chachka wrote:

Sounds like a bad connection; have you tried a reboot?  Are you using wifi?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Expert

@chachka wrote:

Along with possibly bad connections, your broadband speed is too slow to keep up with the buffer size. It can be affected by too many people on your home network (at this time), traffic in your building, trafic in your immediate neighborhood.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem on all my iOS devices. Speedtest shows my download speed at 230 mbps. All my other apps run fine.  My Xfinity Internet connection is not the problem.  My Xfinity app—Stream—is the problem. 

Expert

@ISRAEL_CAROL wrote:

I'm having the same problem on all my iOS devices. Speedtest shows my download speed at 230 mbps. All my other apps run fine.  My Xfinity Internet connection is not the problem.  My Xfinity app—Stream—is the problem. 

This looks similar to the "Ultra HD Sampler" 4K app. The buffer was not coded large enough to handle 2160p video and audio. They did fix that problem. Hopefully; they will get the coding corrected for the buffer used here.