Community Forum

problem trying to watch a recording

New Poster

problem trying to watch a recording

all of a sudden on a current episode that was just recorded it's giving me this message. it's never done this before and it's been doing it every time i try to play this episode....

Well that didn't go as planned... We're having trouble playing this recording. We checked for this program On Demand but, unfortunately, it is not available. Please try watching another program.

Regular Visitor

Re: problem trying to watch a recording

I'm also having the same problem on multiple devices.
New Poster

I'm having the exact same problem! It wouldn't be a huge deal if this was a rare occasion, but it happens frequently. My boyfriend and I are making settlement on a house at the end of this month and this is seriously making me reconsider if we want Xfinity services.
Expert

@Rinalex wrote:
I'm having the exact same problem! It wouldn't be a huge deal if this was a rare occasion, but it happens frequently. My boyfriend and I are making settlement on a house at the end of this month and this is seriously making me reconsider if we want Xfinity services.

check your modem (if comcast supplied) on the back and see if the MoCA LED is on. if so unplug it and try to play the recording again from the actual DVR in your home. plug modem back in. worked?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!