Community Forum

no watch option

New Poster

no watch option

Why no watch option on movies? What an I paying for if I can't watch the moveis?

Expert

Re: no watch option

@half7757 wrote:

Why no watch option on movies? What an I paying for if I can't watch the moveis?

are you speaking of live TV (numbered channels)? on-demand? recordings? something you found in the guide?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Having this issue as well with On Demand Movies. Not with all movies, but newest ones. Only have option to "add to favorites". Cannot watch. Very annoying as I need to click on every movie to ascertain whether it's watchable.

New Poster

Same exact issue. On-demand is only showing the "Add to Favorites" button. No play option.

Expert

@chocbox wrote:

Having this issue as well with On Demand Movies. Not with all movies, but newest ones. Only have option to "add to favorites". Cannot watch. Very annoying as I need to click on every movie to ascertain whether it's watchable.

have a few examples?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

It's on the movie section not live tv just the new movies I can add to fvorites but can't watch Granddaughter wanted to watch COCO and we couldn't. This just started the last 2 weeks.

Thnk you for your help.

Bronze Problem Solver

@half7757 wrote:

It's on the movie section not live tv just the new movies I can add to fvorites but can't watch Granddaughter wanted to watch COCO and we couldn't. This just started the last 2 weeks.

Thnk you for your help.

There is no movie in my search named Coco, there is a movie Coco Chanel, and a series Coco Stories. Both are flaged as "in-home", both have a watch option, I am on my home network.

New Poster

Iron Man 3, it appears that even though I have a comcast modem, and am on my ethernet network, the system doesn't think I'm at home.

@Rustyben 

wrote:

@chocbox wrote:

have a few examples?

Bronze Problem Solver

@mindya wrote:

Iron Man 3, it appears that even though I have a comcast modem, and am on my ethernet network, the system doesn't think I'm at home.

@Rustyben 

wrote:

@chocbox wrote:

have a few examples?

Iron Man 3 is not available on-demand, but is listed because it does have 2 Upcoming airings on FX

Expert

@half7757 wrote:

Thnk you for your help.

you are using a set top box? roku? app? Coco on my X1 set top box offers to rent it or buy it (not yet on a linear channel or a 'free' on-demand source.

Regular Visitor

The Greatest Showman, Phantom Thread, Jumanji, Boss Baby, Darkest Hour, Coco, Ferdinand...basically all the movies that have been added recently

Expert

@chocbox wrote:

The Greatest Showman, Phantom Thread, Jumanji, Boss Baby, Darkest Hour, Coco, Ferdinand...basically all the movies that have been added recently

the greatest showman is currently Pay-per-view or purchase. Phantom thread, Jumanji same. Boss baby free on netflix. you may be trying to play pay per view shows on a device or account that does not allow it.

Bronze Problem Solver

@chocbox wrote:

The search function and the shows/movies listed under the browse on the app and website are not just On-Demand shows/movies. They are all shows/movies that can be watched in one way or another whether its on-demand, upcomining airing, pay-per-view, netflix, etc. There is no way to filter to display just shows/movies available as on-demand.

Regular Visitor

@mvenanzi
@chocbox The search function and the shows/movies listed under the browse on the app and website are not just On-Demand shows/movies. They are all shows/movies that can be watched in one way or another whether its on-demand, upcomining airing, pay-per-view, netflix, etc. There is no way to filter to display just shows/movies available as on-demand.

If that is indeed the case, that suddenly loads of movies are listed that are not actually available, it would be great if Xfinity would a) communicate that so that people aren't disappointed; b) figure out a way to allow customers to filter for this; c) figure out how not to display these on devices ON WHICH THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE.

I am seriously irritated at having to click on every single film before I can find out if it's watchable. Can you please revert to whatever system was in place a week or two ago, before this irritating problem began?

New Poster

Exact same issue. All the new movies only have a "Add to favorites" option, but no "watch" option. I'm at home on laptop.

New Poster

Ditto. Times a hundred thousand million.

Expert

hi, anyone having issues still using the rng150 (non-internet set top box)?