Community Forum

error 12002

Frequent Visitor

error 12002

I keep getting error code 12002 when I try to download more than three shows to my tablet.  I have more than enough space on my tablet (I downloaded 5 shows yesterday).  The code says I have reached the maximum downloads allowed on a device but Comcast says I am allowed 10 shows on the X1 platform.  This just happened this morning.  Customer support said to uninstall and reinstall the app and the problem would be solved.  I did this and surprise surprise now I get the code after only downloading two shows!! THANKS COMCAST.

Anyone else have this problem all of a sudden?

New Poster

Re: error 12002

I am getting the same problem.  I was able to download 10, now only 5.  Did you find a solution?

New Poster

I have had this same problem on all my devices.  After trying several time wasting solutions, the Comcast phone tech tried removing my devices on her end (whatever that means) which temporarily fixed the problem.  I am back to only being able to record 3 - 6 shows on my devices, which I guess is a win.  When this feature works, it really is great for offline viewing.  But it just too buggy.   

New Poster

I had this problem also.  After uninstalling the app, use a file viewer and delete any folders for xfinity tv app.  Then turn off your tablet.  Restart your tablet and install the tv app.  

New Poster

Getting ready for interntional trip and this just started.  Saw numerous suggestions on how "we" can fix an xfinity "bug".  When will they fix it and provide the services we are paying for?

Official Employee

Hello dcb12, have you tried removing the app from your device and adding it back? Have you tried downloading the content using a different device? If you continue to have this issue please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me" so we can get it taken care of. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having the same issue suddently on my iphone 6s, dropped and re-downloaded the app. no luck, no I await level 2 support on the phone......

New Poster

Just got off the phone w James level 2 support; he deleted files off the back end system; had me drop, reload the app.; I'm downloading now, woohoo