Community Forum

connect to in-home wifi

New Poster

connect to in-home wifi

I've been trying to stream on my laptop through my Comcast account, but on some channels like FOX i get an error message saying that I need to connect to in-home WiFi even though I already am connected. What is the solution to this?

Expert

Re: connect to in-home wifi

@jpsls2000 wrote:

I've been trying to stream on my laptop through my Comcast account, but on some channels like FOX i get an error message saying that I need to connect to in-home WiFi even though I already am connected. What is the solution to this?

a smartphone/tablet put in the same physical location play those numbered channels without problem?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: connect to in-home wifi

@Rustyben wrote:

@jpsls2000 wrote:

a smartphone/tablet put in the same physical location play those numbered channels without problem?

This problem happens on all ipads/laptops. I also cannot watch the streaming app on my Roku because it thinks I am not connected to my home wifi.