Community Forum

choppy streaming of xfinity tv on my computer

New Poster

choppy streaming of xfinity tv on my computer

lately i have been getting choppy video for any show i watch from xfinity.com. i am running windows 10 on a desktop computer with an amd phenom x4 965 3.40 ghz processor, 4 gb of ram, and nvidia geforce gtx 1050 video card. Internet connection is wifi with about 50 mb per second download speed. I've reset my router, rebooted my system, cleared cache and cookies and anything online that has been posted here or online about fixing choppy video. It appears to only happen the xfinity website. Any ideas?

Expert

Re: choppy streaming of xfinity tv on my computer

@ppickly wrote:

lately i have been getting choppy video for any show i watch from xfinity.com. i am running windows 10 on a desktop computer with an amd phenom x4 965 3.40 ghz processor, 4 gb of ram, and nvidia geforce gtx 1050 video card. Internet connection is wifi with about 50 mb per second download speed. I've reset my router, rebooted my system, cleared cache and cookies and anything online that has been posted here or online about fixing choppy video. It appears to only happen the xfinity website. Any ideas?

speedtest ok? are you in the North east or near Chicago, Mn-ST Paul area?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

im near chicago, speedtest says 50 mbps on my wi fi

Regular Visitor

HI I'm experiencing pauses every 2 seconds in video movies on xfinity , but no audio issues.  Did you find a resolution to your problem? I am also in a suburb north of Chicago.

Expert

@babies1 wrote:

HI I'm experiencing pauses every 2 seconds in video movies on xfinity , but no audio issues.  Did you find a resolution to your problem? I am also in a suburb north of Chicago.

try playing the same channel or playback recording on a smart device hooked up to the same network (apple/android). same problem?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.