Community Forum

can't open videos when travelling

Regular Visitor

can't open videos when travelling

Videos in news feed won't play when I am away from home.  The message says "not available in this geographic area."  This sometimes shows up even when I am on my home computer.  I can read every other news feed (Yahoo, Google, Al Jazeerha , NYT, and many other FREE ones,) but not the news I am paying for.  When I called support, I simply received the answer that these were not available where I was, that is no additional information.  there was no effort to solve the problem or refer it to someone who could help.  Any ideas where I should pursue this?  And why is the news censured when away from home?  Do I get a refund for not getting all I am paying for? Ha.

Admin1

Re: can't open videos when travelling

Hi taem111 -- Our news feed is designed to work no matter where you are. It does not require being connected to your home network in order to work. Does this happen on all of your browsers? Does this happen on all of your devices? Does this happen regardless if you are signed in or not? 

Regular Visitor

I was using Firefox in home and on the road.  It happens when I am signed in which I always do.  The two devices I use  are a Dell Optiplex 990 running Win & and a Lenovo think pad running Win 10.  My iphone works fine for email, but I don't try to use it for video

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi taem111 -- I would like to look at this on your account. Can you provide me with your user ID? And to protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.