Community Forum

can't cast xfinity to chromecast

New Poster

can't cast xfinity to chromecast

Can't find the cast option on my Samsug Galaxy 4 to stream comcast/xfinity progarms I recorded. WSorks with my laptop.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: can't cast xfinity to chromecast

@birdlady00wrote:

Can't find the cast option on my Samsug Galaxy 4 to stream comcast/xfinity progarms I recorded. WSorks with my laptop.

Yes, casting is blocked using a mobile device, but works using a pc.

New Poster

you mean natively? through chrome?? what a joke.
Bronze Problem Solver

@tvguy225 wrote:
you mean natively? through chrome?? what a joke.

The xf app blocks mirroring on mobile devices. The mobile OS's reports whether mirroring is being used, if it is, the app won't allow streaming.

New Poster

Criminal. Xfinity seems to consistently strip their customers of products they pay for (dearly).

Expert

actually the use of a TV as a 2nd screen is allowed via a PC. use the Chrome browser and start streaming then press the icon (should be in your Chrome tool bar) and select the device and it will start streaming to the Chomecast dongle. (just checked to be sure still worked and it did)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Shouldn't be expected to own a PC computer to stream television service to your television when you are paying for it. If I want to be able to stream it from my phone while my phone is on my home wifi, and my TV is on my home wifi, I should be able to do so. Not everyone owns a computer.
Expert

@Jenzabell wrote:
Shouldn't be expected to own a PC computer to stream television service to your television when you are paying for it. If I want to be able to stream it from my phone while my phone is on my home wifi, and my TV is on my home wifi, I should be able to do so. Not everyone owns a computer.

that is the only way to cast to your TV. you pay for TV service. the stream capability is a free service and hooking up a TV screen bypasses Comcast's revenue model.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!