Community Forum

available to watch in home only

New Poster

available to watch in home only

Since we've used Comcast (Xfinity), I've been able to watch all channels on my laptop, iPad & phone while in home. Recently, most channels are marked "in home only".

1) I am in home

2) I've rebooted my router

3) I've rebooted my computer

4) I've tried various browsers

I get the same results... What gives? Why is this happening? I've seen other posts that mention various band-aid fixes that are really not fixes. I have not seen posts that actually solve the problem. How can I fix this please?

Frequent Visitor

Re: available to watch in home only

I have had this same issue for over a year now.  The support folks are simply unable to fix it permanently.

In my case, I have Comcast residential service for TV and phone...but I have Comcast Business class for internet.  They are simply not capable of linking the residential TV service to the Business class Internet service.  So, even when I am "at home"...trying to stream over the Business class interent...I am unable to watch "In Home" shows.  It will suddenly start to work for a week or so...then go right back.

For example, it has been out now for nearly 2 full weeks...I have tried Comcast tech Support, Forum support...but they simply cannot get it to work.  It's unbelievable. I pay this company more than $300/month and receive awful servcie. 

So, if you have Business Class for your Internet...you can just forget the streaming TV...

Dr Gary