Community Forum

available to watch in home only

Contributor

available to watch in home only

This is happening to me again. I've been watching TV on my home PC and suddenly I'm asked to sign in. When I went back to the movie I was watching, it now says it's 'available to watch in home only.' I AM at home and I AM watching on my home Wifi. Please advise and please fix ASAP.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: available to watch in home only

I had to try some other browsers ( Edge, IE11, Chrome, Firefox) to get it to work.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

Re: available to watch in home only - SOLUTION

Thank you for the suggestions. I only use Chrome based browsers. I finally did get it to work again by signing off and rebooting. But, this is not the first time it's happened. Previously, it took a few days to correct and I sure didn't want to have the problem that long or longer.

Official Employee

Hi Scorp9681, I am glad this issue has been resolved. What could be causing this problem is that your browser is losing connectivity or your signal drops too low and your PC opts to go with a stronger connection like your local Xfinity wi-fi. If this does happen again please make sure you're connected to the right network, and if so signing out of online and clearing your cache and cookies should do the trick.

Contributor

ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi Scorp9681, I am glad this issue has been resolved. What could be causing this problem is that your browser is losing connectivity or your signal drops too low and your PC opts to go with a stronger connection like your local Xfinity wi-fi. If this does happen again please make sure you're connected to the right network, and if so signing out of online and clearing your cache and cookies should do the trick.

Sorry but there wasn't any 'solution' as it corrected itself. The first time it happened, it lasted for 3 days with refreshing, multiple sign outs and multiple reboots.

Frequent Visitor

This same error is happening to me on my laptop. It started several weeks ago durring a neighborhood cable outage. I suspect something that Comcast did has caused this. (You know how we hate to call them.) All I can get now are the TV Go streaming channels I get the "available to watch in home only" error for all other channels in my lineup. I was hoping there was a solution for me to apply that would fix it. So far I've found nothing.

My network connection is rock solid and my laptop is hard wired to the router, no WiFi involved. I'm just using the chrome browser and reboot daily as a general practice.

Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

My situation has been resolved. I read somewhere on Google when researching this topic that sometimes the issue is caused by the wrong MAC Address for your cable modem being recorded on the account. That turned out to be the case. It required a call to Comcast which turned into half a dozen calls and service tickets and missed return calls before finally connecting to an agent that fixed it. It was I that suggested that the MAC addresses on file be checked, so without my own research on this it still would be broke. Thank goodness for Google search.

New Poster

Hi

I have searched the forums for assistance on why all of a sudden I cannot watch my main network channels while logged into https://tv.xfinity.com/listings.Message "available to watch in home only".

But I am using my home network. This has been happening to me over 1 year. Sometimes I can see all channels at home and sometimes not.  Tier 2 and Tier 3 have not been able to figure out why its intermittent. It eventually fixes itself and will work for a short period then stop.  I have tried all the tricks that have been listed on the forums:

-cleared cache

-checked MAC address with comcast

-rebooted

-tried different browsers

-tried plugging right into router

-tried wireless

-tried multple laptops

Has any new troubleshooting methods been determined? I hate to have the tech come out and get charged.