Community Forum

amazon prime video

New Poster

amazon prime video

How do I add the prime video app to my comcast xfinity account

Official Employee

Re: amazon prime video

It hasn’t been released nor has there been a date announ for release yet. It will be added to X1 boxes automatically

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Has a release date for prime video app been announced yet?

Official Employee

Nope

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello and thank you for using the Forums for your question. At this time, the Amazon Prime is slated for the end of 2018. 

New Poster

Explain this........we had been watching Amazon Prime Video on our television. That is, until one day out of the blue, we were not able to access it. The icon for Amazon is still there and everything else functions just fine. Can anyone offer a legitimate explanation because nobody at Comcast was able to  offer anything. I went through a very time consuming process with a Comcast representative with resets, more resets, etc., etc. without success. It is very peculiar to have been watching Amazon regularly and then read that it is going to be released in the future. I repeat, we had been watching it already. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Silver Problem Solver

@SeabeeAvenue wrote:

Explain this........we had been watching Amazon Prime Video on our television. That is, until one day out of the blue, we were not able to access it. The icon for Amazon is still there and everything else functions just fine. Can anyone offer a legitimate explanation because nobody at Comcast was able to  offer anything. I went through a very time consuming process with a Comcast representative with resets, more resets, etc., etc. without success. It is very peculiar to have been watching Amazon regularly and then read that it is going to be released in the future. I repeat, we had been watching it already. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Does your TV have the Amazon Prime app?  You might have an issue with your Am azon account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

This is more than likely an issue with your television, not Comcast. Your TV has the App, not the Xfinity box. I had the same issue on a Vizio TV, which for a few years I could watch Prime. It stopped working for roughly 6-7 months, then worked again.

New Poster

I am a prime customer on Amazon.  Why can't I get Prime Video on my TV?  I have Xfinity .

New Poster

Any idea when?

Expert

@wegowandering wrote:

I am a prime customer on Amazon.  Why can't I get Prime Video on my TV?  I have Xfinity . 

if you have a chromecast device, a fire tv device, a roku device then yes. some TVs have the Amazon Prime Video app too.  Xfinity announced that in the future there will be an X1 device app. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Amazon Prime appears to be launched and active on X1 boxes! Finally!