Community Forum

XfinityStream Upgrade Issues w/iMac

Regular Visitor

XfinityStream Upgrade Issues w/iMac

Has anyone had issues streaming XfinityStream on their iMac? Certain channels won't stream. I get a black screen with message "This video cannot be played". "We've run into a problem while streaming". Error code is TVAPP-00206. After more than an hour on the phone with Xfinity Tech Support they said the error code is as though I'm trying to stream outside the US or that I bought my iMac outside the US. But I bought my computer, and am using it, in Washington state. We tried everything and still couldn't resolve. Curious if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks

Expert

Re: XfinityStream Upgrade Issues w/iMac

@JR_Palermo wrote:

Has anyone had issues streaming XfinityStream on their iMac? Certain channels won't stream. I get a black screen with message "This video cannot be played". "We've run into a problem while streaming". Error code is TVAPP-00206. After more than an hour on the phone with Xfinity Tech Support they said the error code is as though I'm trying to stream outside the US or that I bought my iMac outside the US. But I bought my computer, and am using it, in Washington state. We tried everything and still couldn't resolve. Curious if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello JR_Palermo, I can assist you with getting this issue resolved. I will need to gather more information from you, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Regular Visitor

Thanks but I don't feel comfortable giving you all that personal info. I'm sure there's a solution without giving away that info in a "Private Message".... Call me paranoid - JRP

GO ZAGS

Official Employee

That's OK, I understand. I will reach out to my engineering team for an update on this issue and update you as we continue to make progress in getting this resolved. 

Official Employee

Update: Error Apps-00206 means the content is failing to load due to a bad connection with the service. Your RF signal or filter is more than likely the cause of this problem, please let me know if you still see this error message and I can assist you with getting it taken care of. 

Regular Visitor

Amir,

Since I read your post I checked and so far I'm getting all the channels that I've had trouble with since 3/8/18. I don't know if you did anything and don't know what the RF Signal or RF Filter is but it seems the problem is resolved. 

Thank you.

Official Employee

JR_Palermo wrote: Amir, Since I read your post I checked and so far I'm getting all the channels that I've had trouble with since 3/8/18. I don't know if you did anything and don't know what the RF Signal or RF Filter is but it seems the problem is resolved. Thank you

I am glad that your issue is resolved, please feel free to reach back out to me if you need anything further. Have a good day.