Community Forum

Xfinity

New Poster

Xfinity

I record the Today Show on NBC every day.  I typically watch it after it finishes recording on my xfinity dvr app.  I also record other NBC shows.  It seems that my NBC shows are no longer available on the xfinity app to watch outside of my home.  It this a change that has just happened?  Because last week all of my shows were available.  

Expert

Re: Xfinity

@Bonnie15 wrote:

I record the Today Show on NBC every day.  I typically watch it after it finishes recording on my xfinity dvr app.  I also record other NBC shows.  It seems that my NBC shows are no longer available on the xfinity app to watch outside of my home.  It this a change that has just happened?  Because last week all of my shows were available.  

in home using the x1 guide find the next sceduled recording on the guide. press the info button. does it say 'in-home' only?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity

@Rustyben wrote:

@Bonnie15 wrote:

in home using the x1 guide find the next sceduled recording on the guide. press the info button. does it say 'in-home' only?

If the recording is completed, you should be able to watch it anywhere in the USA. If the recording has not completed, you can only watch it while on your home network.

"In-Home Only channels (as the name implies :-) can't be watched out of home. It's for this reason that you also can't watch in-progress recordings out of home: because that would be the same as watching the In-Home Only channel out of home. Once the recording has completed, it's available for viewing regardless of where you are."

Source: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-watch-Live-TV-show-on-Hotspot-while-recording-at-h...