Community Forum

Xfinity streaming not recognizing home wifi

New Poster

Xfinity streaming not recognizing home wifi

I am able to use the xfinity streaming app on my iPad at home but the app is not recognizing it as my home network and therefore I am not able to stream all channels.  Do I need to configure something so that all channels stream on my home WiFi?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity streaming not recognizing home wifi

Jryacko wrote:

I am able to use the xfinity streaming app on my iPad at home but the app is not recognizing it as my home network and therefore I am not able to stream all channels.  Do I need to configure something so that all channels stream on my home WiFi?

Verify you device is connected to your home network and not your public wifi (if you have one) or some other wifi.

Go here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Verify that the serial number listed for your cable modem matches what is on your cable modem. If it doesn't call support and have them correct it.

If it does match, call support and ask for an account refresh.

New Poster

I’m having the same problem. Happened after I renewed my contract. What is the solution?
Expert

@FELIPEPEREZ wrote:
I’m having the same problem. Happened after I renewed my contract. What is the solution?

hi, did you follow the directions in the post just before your post? what did you find when comparing the 'serial number'?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!