Community Forum

Xfinity stream

New Poster

Xfinity stream

How do I view from my home

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity stream

Hi xtymiami, you can stream from home using almost any device that has streaming capability. To do this please download our "Xfinity Stream" app or you can also go online to www.comcast.com and sign into your account then click the TV icon at the top right of your screen. If you need any further assistance please reach back out to me here. 

Contributor

So as of a week or so ago no matter what show you go to there are no episodes. Even if you click the direct episodes button/link. You can favorite it or record the series but you can no longer go back and watch shows on demand. Is this a bug on your browser online streaming service or whats going on?

Edit: Just checked and its the same story for the Mobile app on iOS 11 for iPhone 7 plus as well. I can continue to watch the shows I was watching where I left off but I cannot select episodes. Only record or favorite. Again, what happened to all the episodes you could watch?

Edit 2: Can't even log into sites like FXNow or any other afliates to watch shows. I am given the option to login with Xfinity but then it does nothing and continues with the preview mode and doesn't log me in. I have tried on multiple browsers and devices. Congrats on having the absolute worse streaming service.

Official Employee

Hi AngryDj, I can help you get this issue corrected. Have you tried removing the app and adding it back to your phone? On your computer can you please try Google chrome but first clear your cache and cookies then sign in again?

Contributor

Just tried both of those and no luck. You click the episode button on whatever show and it brings you to the shows page but still no option to select any episodes. Either favorite or record series.

Bronze Problem Solver

AngryDj wrote:

Just tried both of those and no luck. You click the episode button on whatever show and it brings you to the shows page but still no option to select any episodes. Either favorite or record series.

It sounds like you are looking at the series info. Is there a Episodes menu heading on your page? (see picture - episodes menu circled in red) If so, click it to get list of episodes.

Untitled.png

Contributor

It's not even an option. That's what I have been telling you.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 11.01.35 AM.png
Contributor

Same story with the mobile app.

Image-1.jpg
Contributor

So are you ever going to reply or what? Its pretty clear you're trying to ignore this issue. Which is pathetic.

New Poster

How can I watch Xfinity on my Samsung Smart TV ? 

Is there an App?

Thank you

Contributor

So any comment on my issue?

Regular Contributor

Hello AngryDj,

I apologize for the frustration this issue has caused you. After reviewing your account on my end everything looks to be properly configured though the issue persists. I show that you have a support ticket open for the issue that is currently being worked by advance support. The notes it the ticket state that we attempted to contact you by phone and left a voice message for call back. Were you able to check for this voice mail? I show that the call was to the number on record ending in 5804. Is this the best contact number or do you prefer to be reached on a different number?

@rimabe I apologize but effective August 31, 2015 we have decided to discontinue support of the Xfinity TV app on Samsung Smart TV's. You can find more information Here. At this time I do not have an exact date on when this will be released as it is in active development by our engineers. Please check back later for information on the app release date.

Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon