Community Forum

Xfinity stream freezing

New Poster

Xfinity stream freezing

So if been using xfinity go and stream  for years when it was xfinity go everything was fine then when they changed it over I get constant freezing every 30 seconds on the app and website it is not my net as previously I was on 20/1 and it used to work but just yesterday I upgraded to 50/20 and I am still getting the same issues

I wish I could go back to the old site and app it was so much better 

I am hoping someone can either tell the devs to fix this or some advice would be appreciated 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity stream freezing

I've been having the same problem. Whenever I try to watch live TV on my laptop it freezes and then skips forward. I end up missing half or more of what I'm trying to watch. Very irritating considering what I pay for Xfinity. 

Official Employee

Hi chris99u,  

I'd like to you with the issues you are having with the stream app. I was able to look up your account using the email address you have registered with the forums. There's currently a known issue in your area that is affecting others as well as yourself. To verify whether or not your services are being affected by the issues from the plant in your area, I will need to send a tech out. If they should happen to come out and are not able to isolate the issue at the premise, we may have to refer your account to the local maintenance team. In order to schedule a technician for you, I will need you to verify your account information. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

Official Employee

Hi jeconnaway, 

I'd like to see how I can help get your issue resolved with the Stream app. I tried using your email address to check for known issues in your area and am not able to see anything that stands out. I will need to look deeper into this issue. Can you also verify your account information in order for me to assist you? From there we can return to this public post incase anyone else is having the same issues. Thanks. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.