Community Forum

Xfinity stream apps not working when connected to in home wifi

New Poster

Xfinity stream apps not working when connected to in home wifi

When I use the roku xfinity beta app as well as the stream app on my iPad I am getting the error that it can only be used on my in home wifi, which I am. I have tried troubleshooting using the instructions on the FAQ website but none of it makes any sense. I have performed several modem reboots and deleted and re-installed the apps several times. I have also made sure that my devices are only connected to my in home wifi and there are no other networks available for it to try to connect to. This is infuriating.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity stream apps not working when connected to in home wifi

Do you have an Xfinity modem/router or your own? I think if it's not their modem/router, they see that as not being at home (even though you are). I have my own Netgear modem and I get this message as well, just came here to see if anyone else had experience with it before calling them. If you do have theirs, make them visit you at no charge to get it working!

Official Employee

Jmccaig129 and cherrybronco, if you are using your own modem and are attempting to use the stream app in home and having issue, please send me a private message with your name and address so I can troubleshoot on my end. 

KenF

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I have my own router and the stream app doesn’t recognize that I am actually in my house on my WiFi . Is there any way to fix this issue?
Bronze Problem Solver

@wrote:
I am having the same issue. I have my own router and the stream app doesn’t recognize that I am actually in my house on my WiFi . Is there any way to fix this issue?

Go here: https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Verify serial number listed for you cable modem matches the one listed on your cable modem. If not call support and notify them.