Community Forum

Xfinity stream Cloud DVR is cutting programs short

New Poster

Xfinity stream Cloud DVR is cutting programs short

It's sporadic, but some shows I've recorded on the X1 at home are cut short when I try to stream them remotely.  Machine specs: W10 Pro 64-bit, Microsoft Edge browser (also iPhone 6 with iOS 11).  Last week all was well and I could watch my DVRed shows at work, but this week some of the programs (AMC ones specifically, now that I think about it) are truncated.  S8E5 of The Walking Dead only shows the first 5:22 of the program (should be 73 minutes) and Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics (should be 60 minutes, only shows 13:11).  I get the same truncation on my iPhone.

I have a couple other recordings from different networks, and those play back fine on any device.  I also checked the On Demand episodes of those AMC series, and those seem to playback fine. Has anyone else encountered this?  

New Poster

Re: Xfinity stream Cloud DVR is cutting programs short

I am having the same issue with the same network/show. 

All the money we dish out monthly for this service and it's still trash.  

Official Employee

Hi clig73, 

I'd like to help look into your issues. When you notice this happening on the iPhone, are you connected to your home network? Can you try it on Chrome instead of Edge?  Are you receiving any specific errors? 

Official Employee

Hi MrTheodore76,

When you notice this issue is it happening on your phone as well or does this also happen on your boxes? What type of devices are you using?