Community Forum

Xfinity beta app not working on my Roku Ultra

Regular Visitor

Xfinity beta app not working on my Roku Ultra

Why all of a sudden can't I stream anything on my device? I'm on wifi and it's been working for months ,now it says to use on tablet or phone.It makes no sense,it's intended to be used on the Roku. I uninstalled and reinstalled,activated it and looked for updates. I also restarted the Roku Ultra.

Expert

Re: Xfinity beta app not working on my Roku Ultra

@larrylaj wrote:

Why all of a sudden can't I stream anything on my device? I'm on wifi and it's been working for months ,now it says to use on tablet or phone.It makes no sense,it's intended to be used on the Roku. I uninstalled and reinstalled,activated it and looked for updates. I also restarted the Roku Ultra.

it sounds like the problem is that the roku is no longer connected to your own home wifi service (possible that it is connected to the xfinitywifi SSID instead?). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, larrylaj! Thank you for posting your question in our community. As Rustybem mentioned, did you check if you are connected to your home WiFi network? If yes, please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. I will troubleshoot your issue with the Stream app. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Im curious to know if this was resolved? Im looking into purchasing the Roku Ultra and before I purchase I want to make sure the Xfinity streaming app will work with the Roku Ultra device.
New Poster

I have Ultra and it works fine