Community Forum

Xfinity app recordings only 37% full but there is much more that could be there from home DVR

Regular Visitor

Xfinity app recordings only 37% full but there is much more that could be there from home DVR

I have 50-60% of my DVR full on the cable box but only 37% full on the app across multiple devices.  I am not sure why the app is not full, it seems like it could hold 63% more content.  I haven't done anything new to my account such as new hardware.   Why isn't more coming over?

Expert

Re: Xfinity app recordings only 37% full but there is much more that could be there from home DVR

@Bethm6 wrote:

I have 50-60% of my DVR full on the cable box but only 37% full on the app across multiple devices.  I am not sure why the app is not full, it seems like it could hold 63% more content.  I haven't done anything new to my account such as new hardware.   Why isn't more coming over?

the cloud DVR keeps the last 60 hours only. as you watch them they fall off or if they are not in last 60 hours they fall off.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity app recordings only 37% full but there is much more that could be there from home DVR

Thanks so much for replying! I think I am missing something. I only have about 16 hours of content on the app like 3 movies and four 1 hour episodes which doesn't add up to 60 hours and app says I am only 36%full. Shouldn't it bring more content over from home DVR till it reaches 60 hours or 100%( app/cloud) capacity
Expert

@Bethm6 wrote:
Thanks so much for replying! I think I am missing something. I only have about 16 hours of content on the app like 3 movies and four 1 hour episodes which doesn't add up to 60 hours and app says I am only 36%full. Shouldn't it bring more content over from home DVR till it reaches 60 hours or 100%( app/cloud) capacity

how many hours do you record a week? example 20 hours. after 3 weeks the oldest start falling off (60 hours). if you want to save one of the recordings change the time kept to '1 year'.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

I probably record less than an hour a week. I have movies on my DVR recorded within the past 6 months that's there "till more space needed" and it's not on my app recordings even though both aren't anywhere near 100% capacity