Community Forum

Xfinity app on Roku will not work.

New Poster

Xfinity app on Roku will not work.

I purchased a Roku Streamstick+ today solely to use with Xfinity Stream. I have yet to be successful in making it work. The app starts up, then says “initializing” and never makes it past that. Sometimes it gives an error and other time it initializes indefinitely.

I have an Arris SB8200 and Netgear Nighthawk x6.

I would greatly appreciate some help on this as I am planning to use this as my only method of watching tv.
Expert

Re: Xfinity app on Roku will not work.


@Chris1474 wrote:
I purchased a Roku Streamstick+ today solely to use with Xfinity Stream. I have yet to be successful in making it work. The app starts up, then says “initializing” and never makes it past that. Sometimes it gives an error and other time it initializes indefinitely.

I have an Arris SB8200 and Netgear Nighthawk x6.

I would greatly appreciate some help on this as I am planning to use this as my only method of watching tv.

are you at home connected to your own home wifi (not a business TV nor internet account)? Do you pay for a cable TV subscription for video? do you have a working X1 set top box in your home?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity app on Roku will not work.

I am having the same exact issue and yes I am on my home network. I signed out snd removed the app and reinstalled it. I still get to the intializing and it stops
Expert

Re: Xfinity app on Roku will not work.


@Sfin72 wrote:
I am having the same exact issue and yes I am on my home network. I signed out snd removed the app and reinstalled it. I still get to the intializing and it stops

what is the error message and error message number? are you and x1 subscriber using your own home wifi/internet on the Roku? 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity app on Roku will not work.

Yup, have the 4k dvr box in the living room. I've been using the app with zero problems since the launch in Feb 2018.
There is no error message, it loads up the Xfinity beta app screen. Then it goes to initialize and stays there until it says, can't connect try again.
Expert

Re: Xfinity app on Roku will not work.


@Sfin72 wrote:
Yup, have the 4k dvr box in the living room. I've been using the app with zero problems since the launch in Feb 2018.
There is no error message, it loads up the Xfinity beta app screen. Then it goes to initialize and stays there until it says, can't connect try again.

is this a roku TV or a roku device?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Xfinity app on Roku will not work.

Restart your modem...  I had problem after internet upgrade and now works

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity app on Roku will not work.

I got the ultra sticks. I did reset the router and that cleared everything up on my end. We are good to go now.