Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity app for PS3?

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity app for PS3?

Hello comcast friends,

Would like to know from a Comcast employee, is a PS3 Xfinity app in the works? (Like the one available for XBOX) Competitors like Dish already have PS3 apps. Smiley Wink

Thanks,

LZ

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity app for PS3?

lz_xfinity wrote:

Hello comcast friends,

Would like to know from a Comcast employee, is a PS3 Xfinity app in the works? (Like the one available for XBOX) Competitors like Dish already have PS3 apps. Smiley Wink

Thanks,

LZ

There is not, we just have the one for Xbox 360. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for confirming Chad. I look forward to having a PS3 app at some point.

Official Employee

lz_xfinity wrote:

Thanks for confirming Chad. I look forward to having a PS3 app at some point.

I wouldn count on any app being available in the near future.  if anything it would be for the PS4. 

Contributor

Given your comment, "I wouldn count on any app being available in the near future.  if anything it would be for the PS4. ", would it be safe to assume you don't work in the department that works on the XfinityTV Mobile App?

Please let us know how to contact and address those responsible parties. This forum is full of request, and yet we are met with comments stating there is no interest in these application formats (PS3 and Windows 8.1 namely) if a reply is made at all (deafening silence is the even more common response).

They can't address something they have no idea needs addressing.

The demand is here.

Official Employee

OsitoY wrote:

Given your comment, "I wouldn count on any app being available in the near future.  if anything it would be for the PS4. ", would it be safe to assume you don't work in the department that works on the XfinityTV Mobile App?

Please let us know how to contact and address those responsible parties. This forum is full of request, and yet we are met with comments stating there is no interest in these application formats (PS3 and Windows 8.1 namely) if a reply is made at all (deafening silence is the even more common response).

They can't address something they have no idea needs addressing.

The demand is here.

Your assumption is correct but I have direct contact with our Mobile Product team  and TV app product owners and there are no plans on this time to develop the XFINITY TV app for Playstation or Windows phones.  

New Poster

Why do you hate us so? Why not develop the app for all streaming platforms? It only benefits you since we now have a 300gb limit on our Xfinity Data. The more we stream and use your VOIP service, the greater your chances are to to collect the extra revenue from charging us over limit fees. And it would show that you are not prejudice towards any platform or their users. Thank You.
New Poster

There most certainly is interest in streaming apps for various devices.  For example, I use my PS3 to stream Netflix.  I would be happy to use my PS3 and various other STB to stream Xfinity.  Obviously, there are two reasons 1) I don't have to use your STB and 2) I have all my media services in one place instead of having to flip back and forth between devices.

Comcast should really consider getting with the times.  If you were to listen to what your customers actually want you would be competitive with other services.  Instead what you guys like to do is just try to strong arm them and make the market anti-competitive.  It just gives you a bad reptuation.

New Poster

You also can't get the HBO go app through xfinity on the playstation network. I read somewhere that xfinity and sony can't seem to work out a deal, so that leaves us playstation users in the dust. Kinda sucks! I was super excited about getting to use HBO go, and was extremely dissapointed when I saw xfinity wasn't on the list of providers. 

New Poster

This is ridiculous! If I would have known this prior, I would have purchased the Xbox1 instead of the PS4. Now this only makes me want to switch cable/internet providers! This falls right in line with the customer service or the lack there of.
Regular Visitor

@timmp1 customer service had nothing to do with the availability of apps that's legal issues..that line of thinking falls in line with common intelligence or your lack there of
Regular Visitor

Here it is 2 years later has the answer to this question changed?

New Poster

no1kilo wrote:

Here it is 2 years later has the answer to this question changed?

Nope.  I would like to stream HBO through my PS3 because they do not offer HBO-E HD in the Mountain Time zone despite the fact that I pay for HBO and HD with Xfinity.  I have to wait 3 hours to watch any premeres like Game of Thrones.  It's rediculous.   Direct TV offers it.