Community Forum

Xfinity TV website is no longer working!

Visitor

Xfinity TV website is no longer working!

As of last week, I can no longer watch any recorded, on demand, or live tv on my home computer/devices on my home network. I've been using this feature for at least a year with no problems. I can login and view the channel guide etc. but once I click "watch" I just get the three dots while it tries to load... which it never does.

I noticed on the channel guide that the font is different and in bold now. I know comcast has made some changes to the website and now it's not working. Talked to support, they don't know anything and are NO help at all!!!

Service guy came, and my internet speed is fine. Everything working as it should but still not able to watch any tv on my devices.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? Is is a plugin issue or something? I believe I have the current flash and silverlight plugins. I'm using chrome on my iMac running 10.6.8.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV website is no longer working!

deanhart wrote:

As of last week, I can no longer watch any recorded, on demand, or live tv on my home computer/devices on my home network. I've been using this feature for at least a year with no problems. I can login and view the channel guide etc. but once I click "watch" I just get the three dots while it tries to load... which it never does.

I noticed on the channel guide that the font is different and in bold now. I know comcast has made some changes to the website and now it's not working. Talked to support, they don't know anything and are NO help at all!!!

Service guy came, and my internet speed is fine. Everything working as it should but still not able to watch any tv on my devices.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? Is is a plugin issue or something? I believe I have the current flash and silverlight plugins. I'm using chrome on my iMac running 10.6.8.

Thanks

Sorry you're having trouble. Chrome has its own version of Flash built in. Are you able to try with another browser such as Safari? That would help determine if it is something related to your browser settings. I'm not aware of any widespread issues related to last weeks web update. 

Best,
ComcastDan

Regular Contributor

You have no awarness of the wide spread problem that has affected almost everyone for many years now?

Official Employee

Klawdek wrote:

You have no awarness of the wide spread problem that has affected almost everyone for many years now?

I'm aware of the millions of people who successfully watch tens of millions of hours of video via the XFINITY TV portal each month. Your perspective is skewed because you are personally experiencing chronic issues and spend so much time in the support forms that you think it is more widespread than it actually is.  

Please be helpful to users by explaining steps to resolve issues which typically revolve around browser settings, system compatibility, and network connectivity. That's not to say that the portal doesn't require continued optimization but you are innaccurate to say "everyone" experiences problems and the site "never works".

-ComcastDan

Visitor

I also am having this problem. I was able to watch shows with some buffering issues in early December, but as of Dec 18th I get a forever loading symbol. I have OS v10.6.8 as well and was using Chrome 44. Firefox and safari stopped working years ago (I was advised the last time the happened to try a different browser and I am out of browsers.) 

Did the most recent update leave this system behind?  

Official Employee

Littleme129 wrote:

I also am having this problem. I was able to watch shows with some buffering issues in early December, but as of Dec 18th I get a forever loading symbol. I have OS v10.6.8 as well and was using Chrome 44. Firefox and safari stopped working years ago (I was advised the last time the happened to try a different browser and I am out of browsers.) 

Did the most recent update leave this system behind?  

Minimum system requirements for Mac is 10.7+ so that could be the source of the problem. You can also try the standard troubleshooting steps of clearing your browser cache and updating both browsers and Flash to latest version.

More on min system requirements here:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xfinity-tv-website-requirements

Frequent Visitor

Can't stream on surface rt. use to stream tv shows not any more.

went to live chat "xfinity" and was told it would be looked into. no solutions. nothing    still can not stream tv shows. crazy how i can on my old samsung tab 2 but not on surface rt

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  It used to work great and then in the 2nd or third week of December it quit working on my oler machines that run Mac OSX 10.6.   The operating systems on these machines cannot be upgraded anymore.   It worked great until the moment it didn't.  Comcast obviously did something to break the compatabilty with these machines.   Please fix it and make it backword compatible to the older machines.   

Official Employee

Jeffkersey wrote:

I am having the same issue.  It used to work great and then in the 2nd or third week of December it quit working on my oler machines that run Mac OSX 10.6.   The operating systems on these machines cannot be upgraded anymore.   It worked great until the moment it didn't.  Comcast obviously did something to break the compatabilty with these machines.   Please fix it and make it backword compatible to the older machines.   

It is never an easy decision to stop supporting an operating system but it is necessary to offer the advanced features of the XFINITY TV portal.  Apple itself stopped supporting OS 10.6 in early 2014.

Visitor

Actually I've been experiencing this same issue for the past two weeks and so has my sister while trying to watch xfinity tv online. Instead of getting sassy with your paying customers maybe look into a solution to remedy the problem.

Silver Problem Solver

capunkturtle wrote:

Actually I've been experiencing this same issue for the past two weeks and so has my sister while trying to watch xfinity tv online. Instead of getting sassy with your paying customers maybe look into a solution to remedy the problem.

What OS, what device, what type of connection, what URL?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Using Laptop with OS Windows 7.1

attempting to connect to tv.xfinity.com using either IE or Firefox I get the error:

Flash compatibility issue

XFINITY® TV requires a more recent version of Flash.

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser is Flash compatible

But I have loaded the latest version of Flash player available from the link offered version 24A
and continue to get the same error

I  have had this problem for several days now. This was operational the last time I was traveling at the beginning of the month.

I am traveling now and would like access to this service that I am paying for.

I have seen many descriptions of versions of this problem but no solutions posted.

Regular Contributor

I too get same message on Xfinity TV website re update Flashplayer which if did but still would not open using Firefox (my default browser)..  So  called CSR who told me to use Chrome. Which  does work  but a hassle due to detecting new device spinning and spinning and spinning  blue circle wheel.  CSR reported to HIGHER level and hoped to have resolved in 48 hours.   I doubt it!

Stephen L 

Frequent Visitor

I still have not seen a working solution to this problem - here or any of the similar threads that I checked.

My particulars were stated in my previous post on this thread of 1/28/17.

Frequent Visitor

I've had much the same problem with the Xfinity TV app on my PC.  I have used the app to watch TV online since its inception.  Then, all of a sudden, in late January I was no longer able to access the app.  Whether I log in first, or use the direct URL "TV.XFINITY.COM" or sign in first with my informatmion all I ever get now is " Sorry, we're having some trouble.  XFINITY® TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon."  I cannot even get as far as signing in.  I've checked every setting, have the latest flash version, etc.  I am on Win. 8.1.  A Comcast tech called and asked if she could use my login information to test it on their system.  She did so and, of course, everything worked on Comcast equipment and computers.  So Comcast denied any responsibility for it not working on my PC.  So, like many others, I'm left without this APP.  After two price increases within the last 12 months, then losing the ability to use part of the services is sort of a double insult.  Regrettably, we live in an area where the only cable provider available is Comcast.  The only alternative is satellite or dish services.  Otherwise I'd change cable providers.  After talking with Comcast and Adobe (flash provider), they both deny that there are any widespread complaints of Xfinity TV service not working, and actually seem surprised that it doesn't work.  After doing a Google search on the internet I've found multiple posts with similar problems since the "upgrade" of the Xfinity TV app.  Something's wrong with that picture!  Why can't Comcast do something to make the APP accessible to all their customers?

Problem Solver

JPALOLD wrote:

I've had much the same problem with the Xfinity TV app on my PC.  I have used the app to watch TV online since its inception.  Then, all of a sudden, in late January I was no longer able to access the app.  Whether I log in first, or use the direct URL "TV.XFINITY.COM" or sign in first with my informatmion all I ever get now is " Sorry, we're having some trouble.  XFINITY® TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon."  I cannot even get as far as signing in.  I've checked every setting, have the latest flash version, etc.  I am on Win. 8.1.  A Comcast tech called and asked if she could use my login information to test it on their system.  She did so and, of course, everything worked on Comcast equipment and computers.  So Comcast denied any responsibility for it not working on my PC.  So, like many others, I'm left without this APP.  After two price increases within the last 12 months, then losing the ability to use part of the services is sort of a double insult.  Regrettably, we live in an area where the only cable provider available is Comcast.  The only alternative is satellite or dish services.  Otherwise I'd change cable providers.  After talking with Comcast and Adobe (flash provider), they both deny that there are any widespread complaints of Xfinity TV service not working, and actually seem surprised that it doesn't work.  After doing a Google search on the internet I've found multiple posts with similar problems since the "upgrade" of the Xfinity TV app.  Something's wrong with that picture!  Why can't Comcast do something to make the APP accessible to all their customers?

What browsers have you tried this on? If only one, have you tried other browsers to see if they might work?

Frequent Visitor

Laptop is Windows 7.1  64-bit

Browsers tried:

Firefox 51.01 (32-bit) Flash Version 24 - up-to-date

IE 11.0.9600.18537  Update versions 11.0.38 (KB203621)

Decided to install Chrome (Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)) and it does appear to work there - but not IE or Firefox.

Is there plans to restore operation for Firefox and/or IE?

Frequent Visitor

I have used Firefox and Internet Explorer.  I've checked all the settings in both.  Everything is correct and I have the latest and greatest Adobe Flash player.  Nothing works.  I've posted later responses on the forum indicating that one of the service techs at Comcast helped me test my compatibility with Comcast's website (IPV6 test) and the results are 10 out of 10.  Everything is compatible according to that.  But nothing works.  I can't even play the "demo" videos on the Comcast welcome screen before or even after signing in.  Nothing works.  The real kicker is that Comcast is the only website on the internet that has this problem.  I can go directly to the History Channel website and play their videos with no problem.  YouTube is fine.  No other website is causing any problems.  All problems seem to point to Comcast's website.  No solutions, no help ... just price increases from Comcast.  Pay more ... get less.  I think that's the way the technical world is heading now.

Official Employee

JPALOLD wrote:

I have used Firefox and Internet Explorer.  I've checked all the settings in both.  Everything is correct and I have the latest and greatest Adobe Flash player.  Nothing works.  I've posted later responses on the forum indicating that one of the service techs at Comcast helped me test my compatibility with Comcast's website (IPV6 test) and the results are 10 out of 10.  Everything is compatible according to that.  But nothing works.  I can't even play the "demo" videos on the Comcast welcome screen before or even after signing in.  Nothing works.  The real kicker is that Comcast is the only website on the internet that has this problem.  I can go directly to the History Channel website and play their videos with no problem.  YouTube is fine.  No other website is causing any problems.  All problems seem to point to Comcast's website.  No solutions, no help ... just price increases from Comcast.  Pay more ... get less.  I think that's the way the technical world is heading now.

Sorry you are having trouble. Have you tried these steps:

1. Choose Firefox > Tools > Add-ons.
  2. Open the Add-ons dialog box.
  3. Select Plugins.
  4. In the list of Add-ons, look for Shockwave Flash (another name for Flash Player) and check the status that appears to the right of the plug-in name. Is Shockwave Flash disabled?
  5. Select Always Activate. 
  6. Close the dialog box.
Frequent Visitor

To ComcastDan,

I have confirmed that for my case

Firefox  Add-ons Plugin Shockwave Flash (ver 24.0 r0) has been selected for "Always activate"

So this is not a factor in my situation of:

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser is Flash compatible.

Download the latest version of Flash

Any other suggestions?

Official Employee

Mark_H2 wrote:

To ComcastDan,

I have confirmed that for my case

Firefox  Add-ons Plugin Shockwave Flash (ver 24.0 r0) has been selected for "Always activate"

So this is not a factor in my situation of:

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser is Flash compatible.

Download the latest version of Flash

Any other suggestions?

Looking at our analytics, I see that Chrome is the most popular browser for customers using the XFINITY TV portal (followed by Safari, IE 11 and Firefox 51). All of these browsers show users being able to watch videos. I'm also able to use any of them on my Lenovo PC (I don't expect that to make you feel better - just a data point of one).

If you aren't a fan of Chrome, perhaps updating to the 64 bit of Firefox would clear up the issue:

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Install-and-Update/How-to-switch-from-32-bit-to-64-bit-Firefox/ta-p/3...

I'll also share with the web technical team and see if they have any suggestions.

-ComcastDan

Frequent Visitor

At COMCASTDAN's recommendation, I tried upgrading from Firefox 32-bit toFirefox 64-bit.  All my problems were solved immediately when I did this.  I'd like to thank COMCASTDAN personally for this.  I would nominate him for President of Comcast if it were in my power.  He's one of VERY few Comcast representatives who seem to care enough to help customers with their problems.  I highly recommend him for a raise!

Official Employee

JPALOLD wrote:

At COMCASTDAN's recommendation, I tried upgrading from Firefox 32-bit toFirefox 64-bit.  All my problems were solved immediately when I did this.  I'd like to thank COMCASTDAN personally for this.  I would nominate him for President of Comcast if it were in my power.  He's one of VERY few Comcast representatives who seem to care enough to help customers with their problems.  I highly recommend him for a raise!

Happy to help, JPALOLD!  Glad that updating Firefox to 64bit version solved your issues.

Will be curious if the same works for Mark_H2. Please report back, Mark.

Thanks,

ComcastDan

Frequent Visitor

ComcastDan,

Followed your suggestion to upgrade Mozilla Firefox to the 64bit version.  Installed 64-bit and deleted old version as advised. Confirmed 64-bit using what browser am I using site. Then reloaded Flash to get that 64-bit version also

and confirmed Shockwave Flash is set for always activated as shown here

Mozilla Firefox_2017-02-22_22-33-18.jpg

I also rebooted the laptop. But no difference - I still am getting the "Download latest version of Flash message"...

I didn't note previously that I'm using Windows 7.1 "Ultimate" - don't know if that makes a difference.

I was hopeful after JPALOLD's post but still not there yet. Other suggestions welcome.

Official Employee

Mark_H2 wrote:

ComcastDan,

Followed your suggestion to upgrade Mozilla Firefox to the 64bit version.  Installed 64-bit and deleted old version as advised. Confirmed 64-bit using what browser am I using site. Then reloaded Flash to get that 64-bit version also

and confirmed Shockwave Flash is set for always activated as shown here

Mozilla Firefox_2017-02-22_22-33-18.jpg

I also rebooted the laptop. But no difference - I still am getting the "Download latest version of Flash message"...

I didn't note previously that I'm using Windows 7.1 "Ultimate" - don't know if that makes a difference.

I was hopeful after JPALOLD's post but still not there yet. Other suggestions welcome.

Darn, I hoped we were onto something. Appreciate you trying - Firefox 64 bit will be faster in general so even if that didn't solve this problem, it's a good thing. I shared your username with our technical team and they are going to look at the logs to see if anything seems off. 

I did find this support document about Flash on Firefox:  https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Manage-preferences-and-add-ons/Flash-Plugin-Keep-it-up-to-date-and-tr...

It gets pretty technical but if you're inclined maybe it'll help before I can get back to you with more information from the engineers. I was speaking with our lead video player developer about your situation earlier this evening (thanks Walter!) and he was curious about your operating system.  Windows 7.1 should be fine. Linus, not so much - so you're good. 

I tend to be on here nights and weekends (not my day job) but I'll get back to you once I hear from our engineers. 

Best,

ComcastDan

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ComcastDan for your quick response and attempts to seek an answer and the lead on the support document.

Also appreciated the lead on getting the 64-bit Firefox, I didn't spot it when I was trying to get the browser. 

Thought it was odd when only 32-bit was all that was offered at the time...

Thanks again - I'll check back.

Frequent Visitor

I think you're almost there.  After I upgraded to 64-bit Firefox and everything was working perfectly, I thought I would try my old browser, Internet Explorer, to see if it was working.  IE did not work because it has an older version of Adobe Flash embedded in it and is in direct conflict with the newest version of Adobe (24.0.0.221).  I went back to Firefox and went to the TV.Xfinity.com website.   Then I got the message that "I needed to download the newest version of Flash Player."  I cleared all my cache using CCleaner program and rebooted my PC.  It's worked perfectly since.  The following is just my opinion, and is only meant to help:  After my experience I believe you have something either embedded in one of your browsers that is holding on to the older version and conflicting with the newer version of Flash Player, or something in your cache is being held there and is conflicting.  Just for grins, you might want to check out the free version of Ccleaner (if you don't already have it) and make sure there are no ghosts in the casche.  If you need any help with the Ccleaner program I'll be glad to help any way I can.

Hope this leads you into discovering a solution.  Nothing worse than having a great computer that 'doesn't work! Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Hi JPALOLD,

Thanks for the suggestion - I am a believer and user of the free version of CCleaner so Grabbed the latest update and gave it a try.  And there was an effect - I got this response on the first try using Firefox after running CCleaner:

XFINITY TV - Mozilla Firefox_2017-02-23_19-15-12.jpg

but a followup try then returned to the all too familiar "Download the latest version of Flash"

screen after a long wait.  Then because you mentioned IE in your email I decided to try TV.xfinity.com

there, and to my surprise it came right up! Even though I hadn't done anything specific to IE - except of course the 

cleanup.  Firefox should be clean having been a new 64-bit load and the CCleaner cleanup.

So I do feel like you've provided a good lead.  Thanks for your help on this JPALOLD!

Frequent Visitor

Update - Does Comcast / Xfinity TV use Flash or Shockwave?

On this adobe link

https://helpx.adobe.com/shockwave/kb/shockwave-player-64-bit-windows.html

I found the following:

If you can't view content with the Shockwave Player, it could be that your computer is running a 64-bit Web browser on a 64-bit Windows operating system. Shockwave Player does not run in most 64-bit browsers in Windows. If you attempt to download the Shockwave Player in a 64-bit browser on Windows operating system that does not support Shockwave Player, you see a message from Adobe and a link back to this page. To install Shockwave Player, use a 32-bit Web browser on your 64-bit Windows operating system. All major browsers are available in 32-bit versions and the Internet Explorer 32-bit browser is the default browser on Windows 64-bit systems.

As I'm using 64-bit Firefox on a 64-bit WIndows 7.1 OS does this pose a problem here?

JPALOD - what is your situation?

Frequent Visitor

I am on  Win. 8.1.  I had been using Firefox 32-bit on my 4-year-old computer.  The instant I changed to Firefox 64-bit everything started working and all the websites started running smoother.  Adobe's Flash Player 24.0.0.221 should be able to handle anything that the 'Shockwave Player' has been used for.  Admittedly, I'm not as familiar with Win. 7 as I am with other versions (went from Win. XP to Win. 8.1).  I can, however, attest to the fact that my version of Internet Explorer has never performed well at all, and does not offer the security protection that Firefox offers.  If you have Internet Explorer, on your comoputer, I would caution you NOT to uninstall it.  There are integral components of IE that control MANY options on your programs and apps.  Uninstalling IE would give you less than desireable results.  From my research, it seems that everything coming out of Comcast and Adobe these days are being made compatible with 64-bit systems.  Regrettably, it leaves anything requiring 32-bit behind.  At least that's been the case with my problems. 

Did you try installing Ccleaner's program and running it (there is a 64-bit version of that as well)?  That has been one of the best tools I've ever used in maintaining my system.  It has a built-in registry cleaner that keeps your registry in tip-top shape.  It is sort of daunting when you first install it and look at all the options, but it is a simple program and best of all, it's FREE at https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download.  As I've said before, if you have any problems with it just let me know and I'll send you a screen shot of my settings.  Even though it's simple, there are some options that should not be checked for the everyday computer user.  The first time you run the 'cleaner' you will be amazed at the junk, cache and conflicts that are magically repaired. I would encourage you NOT to give up your quest.  Keep at it.  After all, Edison found 150 different ways of how NOT to make a light bulb before he succeded. Smiley Happy  If you're like me, you cannot afford to go out every year and buy a new computer just because someone belches out a new 'latest and greatest' program or app that leaves the rest of us sitting around in the dark!

Best of luck to you.  Don't hesitate to ask if I can be of any help in your quest. Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Having the same issue using Chrome not connecting to Xfinitty TV as well and online support. This seems to be a browserissue as I can connect using Edge or IE. Any know fixes?

Official Employee

Anon973136 wrote:

Having the same issue using Chrome not connecting to Xfinitty TV as well and online support. This seems to be a browserissue as I can connect using Edge or IE. Any know fixes?

Yes, ensure that Flash extension in Chrome is set to "Always Run".

New Poster

Can not watch TV online from my laptop. No longer able to add a device.

Silver Problem Solver

busines8017 wrote:

Can not watch TV online from my laptop. No longer able to add a device.

You might need to remove some devices.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/manage-authorized-apps-devices/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I have experienced the same identical problem. This has been going on for about two weeks now. No stream on my computer. I even tried three different browsers and I get the same message. Glad to know it is not something I am doing wrong.

New Poster

downgraded your firefox browser that will work  the newer version is having issue with that problem

New Poster

re: firefox problems

Yes, you are right... Though I do not like having flash "always" activated due to security issues, toggling in options to that selection fixes the problem.  I'd been able to watch until very recently so I am assuming a firefox update changed the setting.  BTW, MS EDGE (which I NEVER use) did continue to work.

Thanks

Another customer.

Regular Visitor

sorry about that hit the wrong button i am havving the same issue

New Poster

I am having the same issue. 

Every single show I pick on safari or chrome and I even downloaded internet explorer... it just shows loading dots and never loads. 
It's bad enough comcast took away the chromecast capabilities and now they don't want you to watch it on your laptop at all... 

Frequent Visitor

Reply to ERMB (Visitor)

All my problems were solved by upgrading to the latest and greatest Adobe Flash version and maintaining that going forward.  The only exception being that even now I have to reload the Xfinity greeting page (using the F5 key) to get it to work.  I use Firefox (always latest version) as my browser.  In my opinion it is the simplest, safest and best browser.  Chrome and other browsers are ad magnets and tend to hide or cloud real issues with computers.  They are designed for advertising and $ales from their advertisers.

New Poster

The TV guide does not sho9w the channel number and the shows on the guide and what is actually on TV are NOT the same. I tried using Google Chrome and Internet explorer... same results on both browsers.

New Poster

TV Guide not working properly.  see image.

tv guide.PNG
New Poster

Spent considerable time trying to resolve Xfinity Stream/Tv listings on my laptop. I use my laptop for my TV guide vs the TV itself.

I could log into MY ACCOUNT but not "tv.xfinity.com/listings" Unable to connect error code 11700 and 3329.11700 !!! Spoke to 3 agents at Xfinity..  Finally ... hard to understand tech.. BUT he said he cleared browser history and questioned internet explorer???

I personally don't record... but other account users do... Maybe what he meant that my SAVED recording history and unfinished watched videos were still on my account.... Try resuming recorded videos so they are WATCHED 100% and delete and Permanently Delete friom history !!!!!

New Poster

xfinity tv stream to my computer quit after 1 year. I get "Now connecting to your entertainment experience", but does not load. I recently installed new TCL Roku set. Coincidence?

Expert

@Tonney wrote:

xfinity tv stream to my computer quit after 1 year. I get "Now connecting to your entertainment experience", but does not load. I recently installed new TCL Roku set. Coincidence?

did you try the Chrome browser? if so, is it up to date and do you have the sand-boxed flash enabled always in the settings?

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).