Community Forum

Xfinity TV stream app locks every 5 seconds

Contributor

Xfinity TV stream app locks every 5 seconds

This is streaming from any browser - Chrome, IE, or Firefox on a 64 bit Windows 10 top-of-the-line PC.

Watching any streaming video, live, on demand, or recorded, stutters for about two seconds once every five seconds.  Not only does the video stutter, but it completely stalls my octo-core Ryzen 7.  The mouse stops moving, keystrokes are delayed, and every other task seems to get stuck.  This a hard-wired Gb connection directly to the router that works seamlessly with Netflix, HBO Now, or any other streaming service.   The graphics card is a modern Radeon GPU and the system specs are way, way more than adequate to support video.  

It is, in a word, completely unusable.  

Expert

Re: Xfinity TV stream app locks every 5 seconds

@bbeauchaine8740 wrote:

This is streaming from any browser - Chrome, IE, or Firefox on a 64 bit Windows 10 top-of-the-line PC.

Watching any streaming video, live, on demand, or recorded, stutters for about two seconds once every five seconds.  Not only does the video stutter, but it completely stalls my octo-core Ryzen 7.  The mouse stops moving, keystrokes are delayed, and every other task seems to get stuck.  This a hard-wired Gb connection directly to the router that works seamlessly with Netflix, HBO Now, or any other streaming service.   The graphics card is a modern Radeon GPU and the system specs are way, way more than adequate to support video.  

It is, in a word, completely unusable.  

i'm unclear what device you are usinhg. you posted in the streaming website area but speak of the stream app.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

It's a Windows 10 desktop.  Streaming is through the web interface, tv.xfinity.com, which I believe uses Flash for streaming content.  

Expert

@bbeauchaine8740 wrote:

It's a Windows 10 desktop.  Streaming is through the web interface, tv.xfinity.com, which I believe uses Flash for streaming content.  

did you try changing to chrome browser? (built in flash)?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.