Community Forum

Xfinity TV Partner App for LG Smart TVs- when available in 2018?

New Poster

Xfinity TV Partner App for LG Smart TVs- when available in 2018?

I saw the press release between Comcast and LG in late 2017 about their partnership to develop a TV Partner App for LG (and Sony) Smart TVs, which will allow Comcast customers to stream directly to compatible LG Smart TVs without a Comcast cable box attached.  Can anyone tell me when this Comcast TV Partner App for streaming will be available in 2018?

Here is the press release between Comcast and LG:

https://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-and-lg-partner-to-provide-xfinity-c...

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Partner App for LG Smart TVs- when available in 2018?

It's been a couple months with no reply here. I am wondering the same thing. Is there any news of when this is available? I thought it would be early 2018. Thanks!

New Poster

I've also been waiting quite a while for this app to show up.  It was said to be released early this year, but we're already more than half way thru 2018 without even a public beta.

New Poster

Same here waiting for the app!!!
New Poster

Also waiting...

New Poster

I'm also waiting for this app.

@juicebox49 wrote:

Also waiting...

New Poster

Still waiting....

still-waiting-atic-mthruf-com-via-9gag-com-14684311.png

Frequent Visitor

Why is this not available yet?  Well someone from Comcast at least address the issue????

New Poster

2018 is almost over... is LG building the app or is Xfinity building the app? Or was this just a press release with no substance behind it?
Expert

@CryptoArgonaut wrote:
2018 is almost over... is LG building the app or is Xfinity building the app? Or was this just a press release with no substance behind it?

if, and until it is announced, Comcast will not provide dates. you can check the TV's app store for availability.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It was announced by comcast on their Comcast media site
Silver Problem Solver

@dzuchowski wrote:
It was announced by comcast on their Comcast media site

Did they include a timetable?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I contacted customer service today. They said that in 2017 plans for xfinity streaming apps were put in place for Samsung, Sony and LG. Samsung was able to complete the negotiations and prepare the software first (Sep 6, 2018). Negotiations/software for Sony and LG apps are "in process"