Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity TV Go App for iPad - Chromecast cannot cast

New Poster

Xfinity TV Go App for iPad - Chromecast cannot cast

I do not have an icon on my XFinity TV Go app for iPad that allows me to cast to my HDTV via the Chromecast.

My understanding is that this now possible due to a recent support decision by Comcast.

I can view content without incident in the XFinity TV Go app on my iPad.   The problem is that I cannot also cast this content to my TV.   The cast button is not present in the XFinity app.   I can use Chromecast fine with other apps on this same iPad (Netflix, Youtube, etc).

I have already performed a factory reset on the Chromecast and ensured its firmware is on the latest version.  I have also already removed the XFinity TV Go app on the iPad and reinstalled.

I've also tried casting via the iPad's Chrome browser, but it displays a message advising that I must use the XFinity TV App.

Is there somethng else that's needed in order to make this work?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV Go App for iPad - Chromecast cannot cast

wrong. you cannot cast xfinity app from cell phone or tablet. ONLY from your web browser on your computer... and it streams like S@#T

New Poster

Does xfinity to go work with chrome cast
New Poster

It's March 2015 and Xfinity still streams S*$ty on Chromecast 

New Poster

There are two issues. Xfinity Go only supports Chromecast in a browser but that only works on a computer, not on the mobile version of chrome. The second problem is Ipad doesn't support the chromecast app which would have allowed you to cast anything on your screen. You can still get the Xfinity go app on an android tablet and cast your screen using the chromecast app.
New Poster

Bebop wrote: Get with the program Comcast!  People use cell phones and tablets to cast.  Put an icon on it!

MoonDragn wrote:
There are two issues. Xfinity Go only supports Chromecast in a browser but that only works on a computer, not on the mobile version of chrome. The second problem is Ipad doesn't support the chromecast app which would have allowed you to cast anything on your screen. You can still get the Xfinity go app on an android tablet and cast your screen using the chromecast app.