Community Forum

Xfinity Streaming TV Choppy and Stutters w/ Out of Sync Audio

New Poster

Xfinity Streaming TV Choppy and Stutters w/ Out of Sync Audio

I'm trying to watch live TV on my computer - an Acer Chromebook. It doesn't seem to matter what channel or what time of the day, the stream consistently cuts out and replays the last few lines of audio, or skips over a few seconds altogether. I just updated my Chromebook and FlashPlayer. It is really frustrating. Any suggestions as to how to solve this problem? We had our modem replaced last week - a new voice and data modem, but the live TV streaming is still choppy and stuttering. As I'm watching live TV, my download speed is 93mbps so it doesn't seem like speed is the problem. Thanks in advance!

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Streaming TV Choppy and Stutters w/ Out of Sync Audio

I hoped to find an answer to the same problem but I guess not.

New Poster

I am having video stuttering and the audio will crack and pop randomly. 

I was using Chrome (which has Flash built in I think). I also tried Firefox. Then I tried Opera which doesn't have Flash built in, so I downloaded Flash and installed it. Still stuttering and audio static. 

I am on Windows 10 64-bit and using two Nvidia GTX 1080 in SLI.

attached dxdiag

Post up yours, maybe we all have the same hardware or something.

New Poster

I have a similar issue and my computer set up and internet speed is stellar. I was thinking it might be a browser though, is there a specific browser that works better, anyone notice?

I get audio cut out entirely for a couple of seconds every couple of minutes. It only seems to happen when somebody explains a crucial plot point or delivers a punchline, which is nice. >.<