Community Forum

Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

New Poster

Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

Read several posts here, but my Xfinity Stream still doesn't work in Chrome. I already allowed the Flash Player on the Chrome Site Settings.

Don't know how to solve this.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

@lhbarbarini wrote:

Read several posts here, but my Xfinity Stream still doesn't work in Chrome. I already allowed the Flash Player on the Chrome Site Settings.

Don't know how to solve this.

My Win10 Chrome works; do you have the latest version of Chrome (shot in the dark)?

Have you tried any other browsers?  I have tested Edge and IE11 and they work for me.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

lhbarbarini, does it work in incognito mode? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Interesting that you are not having problems. I also have windows 10 and use Google Chrome (yes it it up to date). However, the Xfinity streaming has not worked for me for quite some time now. Getting pretty irritated at this point. So solution offered seems to help.

Silver Problem Solver

@GS49242 wrote:

Interesting that you are not having problems. I also have windows 10 and use Google Chrome (yes it it up to date). However, the Xfinity streaming has not worked for me for quite some time now. Getting pretty irritated at this point. So solution offered seems to help.

Any chance Chrome is not giving you access to the Flash plug-in?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

When I first try to run the streaming, it comes up on the screen saying that I need to enable Adobe Flash Player. So I click on that, then a box pops up towards the top of my screen that says Xfinity.com wants to run Flash, with 2 boxes, one to allow, one to block. I click on Allow. Then the screen says it is "now connecting to your entertainment experience". Then I get a screen saying the following: "

Sorry, we've run into a problem. The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account. When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready? 

(Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch". I quit trying what it says because it does not work. 

Expert

@GS49242 wrote:

When I first try to run the streaming, it comes up on the screen saying that I need to enable Adobe Flash Player. So I click on that, then a box pops up towards the top of my screen that says Xfinity.com wants to run Flash, with 2 boxes, one to allow, one to block. I click on Allow. Then the screen says it is "now connecting to your entertainment experience". Then I get a screen saying the following: "

Sorry, we've run into a problem. The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account. When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready? 

(Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch". I quit trying what it says because it does not work. 

call 800-comcast and select billing. ask the agent to fix your username to only point to your current address/account (remove it from old account addresses).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

> lhbarbarini, does it work in incognito mode? 

Dear CARE support person, Xfinity does now allow for incognito use in Chrome.

Official Employee

> lhbarbarini, does it work in incognito mode? 

Dear CARE support person, Xfinity does now allow for incognito use in Chrome.

cthixton, good catch! Thanks for that. 

All, if you're still seeing issues with using the stream TV feature on Chrome, send me a private message with your full name so I can troubleshoot. We'll take a look at the username to make sure there are no issues there as well.

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.