Community Forum

Xfinity Stream no working on ANY device (wifi or via PC over ethernet)

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream no working on ANY device (wifi or via PC over ethernet)

I spent 3 frustrating hours being transferred from one department to another...going through the same steps I had previously. For the past 3 days, the Xfinity stream has not working on any device (IOS via the App over WiFi or a PC directly plugged into the router via Ethernet). There are no other problems with accessing any websites, but on all devices trying to watch live tv gives the same message: "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch". Essentially the router is not recognizing that I'm on the home network...which leads me to believe it's a router issue. I saw previously a lot of people with this issue and had called and asked for a deep background account database refresh...but 24 hours later...same problem.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream no working on ANY device (wifi or via PC over ethernet)

Update...wasted another 2 hours this evening...going through the same process. Still the same message (from any device directly plugged in or otherwise): Connect to in-home WiFi to watch.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@ken4656 wrote:

Update...wasted another 2 hours this evening...going through the same process. Still the same message (from any device directly plugged in or otherwise): Connect to in-home WiFi to watch.

Call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to check that your username you are logging in with is connected to your current account/address only and has the right permissions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

ken4656, thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're running into with Xfinity Stream. I would be happy to help! Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!