Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Says I am not on my Home WifI...

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream Says I am not on my Home WifI...

I have xfinity internet but my landlord pays the cable with the rent. Can I not access xfinity beta then either?
Regular Visitor

Experiencing the same. I also have multiple services including cellular services for my entire family. I pay them over 300 a month myself and definitely expect to at least go one month with out some type of an issue. That has yet to be the case.
Silver Problem Solver

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-unable-to-connect

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Happening to me all week. Been transferred to many departments.
Anyone had any resolutions???
Expert

@Coal100 wrote:
Happening to me all week. Been transferred to many departments.
Anyone had any resolutions???

Did you try using a smart device by android or apple? if so did that device work?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same problem for like a week now connected to the network not sure way this happened
Expert

@Alpha273 wrote:
I have the same problem for like a week now connected to the network not sure way this happened

Did you try using a smart device by android or apple? if so did that device work?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

There is a giant slurping sound that is made when this happens., we should be able to watch whatever we want whenever we want as we pay you guys like $200 a month for your "service". I want to watch the warriors game as I am in the hospital logged into my xfinity account but I get the "Please connect to you home wifi due to licensing requirements". If I could connect to my wifi then I would watch it on my 65 inch televion on my own couch! How is this possible that I pay you so much but I still cant watch it where I want to watch it as a paying customer??? Very unhappy with Xfinity right now, very, very disappointed. I already know that you are going to tell me that it is just too bad so save your breath!

Expert

@Unit731 wrote:

There is a giant slurping sound that is made when this happens., we should be able to watch whatever we want whenever we want as we pay you guys like $200 a month for your "service". I want to watch the warriors game as I am in the hospital logged into my xfinity account but I get the "Please connect to you home wifi due to licensing requirements". If I could connect to my wifi then I would watch it on my 65 inch televion on my own couch! How is this possible that I pay you so much but I still cant watch it where I want to watch it as a paying customer??? Very unhappy with Xfinity right now, very, very disappointed. I already know that you are going to tell me that it is just too bad so save your breath!

you can watch completed recordings and much of the on-demand library while away from the home. Your paid subscription is for your home service using set top boxes. using the streaming website and smart devices when away from home is included at no extra charge.

New Poster

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of being able to "watch on the go" of I can't watch on my phone without having to log into my HOME Wi-Fi?
New Poster

I've been dealing with Techs and billing departments for the past 2 days. Nobody can give me a straight answer as to why my Xfinity stream will not register my Wi-fi as my own In-home. Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Valued Contributor

Edit' to add : but I digress, Oops but mine is fine again, guess my missing post knew it was fixed LOL?  I will edit out my statement that I had the same issue on wired desktop.  Thanks to however fixed it.

New Poster

Uninstalling the Xfinity stream app worked and reinstalling it worked for me
Official Employee

Hello @tvaholic7 & @Jessica2569, thanks for updating us that the issue is resolved on your end. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance and be sure to reach back out for any future issues or concerns. Thanks for being apart of Comcast! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.