Community Forum

Xfinity Stream, Live TV, On Demand no longer works on Chromebooks, it's blocking the flash player.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Stream, Live TV, On Demand no longer works on Chromebooks, it's blocking the flash player.

Screenshot 2017-07-29 at 10.49.15 AM.pngThis only started yesterday,  before that I could always watch live TV on my laptop. Screenshot 2017-07-29 at 10.46.58 AM.png 

The built-in adoble flash player is up to date (version 26) so there shouldn't be an issue yet it keeps telling me it needs a more recent version despite it being the latest version!

For some reason xfinity is blocking the adobe flash player plugin on chromebooks... Hopefully it's fixed soon!Screenshot 2017-07-29 at 10.43.24 AM.pngxfinity is blocking flash

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream, Live TV, On Demand no longer works on Chromebooks, it's blocking the flash playe

I switched to the Beta & Dev channels of chrome (to see if it would fix the issue) and Xfinity still says the same thing that the flash player is outdated when it's not. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream, Live TV, On Demand no longer works on Chromebooks, it's blocking the flash playe

I switched to the Canary chennel of chrome and it works perfectly fine in that version!

That version is the most latest build of chrome (updated once a day) that eventually makes it way to the dev, beta, and stable channels.    

So.. if you have the same issue as I did you can switch to the unstable Canary channel...or you can just wait it out until your version of chrome gets updated again.

Frequent Visitor

It did work on the canary version of Chrome when it was first installed... but after I turned off the computer for a bit and signed back on.. i'm getting the same message when going to the xfinity website that the flash player is blocked.. so it's not a permanent solution.  Frustrating...

Frequent Visitor

I switched back to the stable version of chrome and it worked again..

The problem seems to be the recent flash player update on the chromebook...which can't be stopped apparently. As long as I don't restart my chromebook I can use xfinity tv just fine...

Screenshot 2017-07-29 at 1.46.08 PM.png

Silver Problem Solver

I tried Win10/Chrome and I couldn't get it to load.  Then I tried Win10/IE11 and it worked.  Then I tried Win10/Chrome and it worked. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Try the following:

Type chrome://flags in your address bar. Then find Run all Flash content when Flash setting is set to "allow" Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS For sites that have been set to "allow" Flash content, run all content including any that has been deemed unimportant. Set the flag to Enabled. Restart your browser. Problem solved.

Note: This flag wil be removed soon cause Google love removing many features, you know

Update: This flag has been removed. For solution, please read my comment below

New Poster

flag setting worked for me

New Poster

Thanks, that fixed it!

Frequent Visitor

That worked!  Sadly that option isn't in the Dev channel anymore of Chrome OS I noticed, but it works on the Stable channel.   

Contributor

I went to the flags site and cautiously changed the flash flag to Enabled and when I logged back on I had no problem getting to the TV Infinity site. Thanks for the help!!!!

Regular Contributor

that worked - thanks!

New Poster

how do i access flag location from my chromebook? when i type chrome://flag into the address field it says site cannot be found.  

Bronze Problem Solver

sabrinalc wrote:

how do i access flag location from my chromebook? when i type chrome://flag into the address field it says site cannot be found.  

Its chrome://flags

New Poster

Oh gee..Im a dope lol.  Thanks! That worked!

New Poster

I just set to "disabled" the following flag in chrome://flags and that fixed the problem for me on Mac OS version of Chrome.

Prefer HTML over Flash Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

Prefer HTML content by hiding Flash from the list of plugins. 
New Poster

Tesla2321, thanks so much!  Fixed the problem for me as well.

Administrator

All,

We apologize for the issue that you have been experiencing streaming TV when using Chrome. I have heard from your fix team and they have provided some resolutions (see below):

• If you do not have the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" setting enabled in Chrome’s Cookie Settings (chrome://settings/content/cookies), quitting the browser, relaunching, and navigating to the home page (https://tv.xfinity.com/) should clear up the issue. 

• If you do have the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" setting enabled in Chrome’s Cookie Settings (chrome://settings/content/cookies), try either clearing the browser cache from chrome://settings/clearBrowserData, exit and open Chrome, and navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com/, or exit and open Chrome, navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com/

This issue was brought on by a recent update to Google Chrome that changed some of the compatibility requirements for files on pages hit during the login process. This explains why it started occurring outside of any version updates we have released.

If you have any further comments or questions, please let us know here. Thanks.

New Poster

Thanks so much to tesla2321. This fix, using chrome://flags worked for me. Had the same "flash compatability" problem for several days & Comcast support was no help.

New Poster

The Flag Solution worked for me ... but I have not shut off computer yet.

vmuir1821 wrote:

flag setting worked for me

Contributor

Thanks! It worked.

Regular Contributor

Thanks. Worked for me.

New Poster

This option is no longer available. Is there any other way to do that?

Frequent Visitor

For all peoples who still have the error on Google Chrome, please do the following:

IMPORTANT: You may export your bookmarks or sync with your Google account before following any steps below

• Uninstall, delete data if asked and reinstall Google Chrome.
  • Make sure chrome://flags are default
  • If the setting still remember, click on 3 dots on right corner, scroll way down to the buttom and click reset.
  • If your profile is not deleted, click on your name besides minimize button, and delete all profiles. 
  • Click on the green "Secure" or the (i) icon beside url and allow flash on this (tv.xfinity.com) website.
  • Make sure you are not connecting to any VPN, DNS or proxy that could prevent xfinity from streaming.

When i followed these steps, it solved the problem.