Community Forum

Xfinity Stream HBO & Cinemax Free Preview

Highlighted
Administrator

Xfinity Stream HBO & Cinemax Free Preview

Beginning today, November 21, and continuing through Sunday, November 25, HBO and Cinemax premium networks will be offering a free preview to all Xfinity customers across Xfinity Stream app or web portal On Demand.

Please note that the free preview is available to all Xfinity customers, including non-Xfinity TV subscribers. Non-Xfinity TV customers can watch all the networks available OnDemand content through the Xfinity Stream app and online portal using their Xfinity username and password.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream HBO & Cinemax Free Preview

Yes, thanks.  How do I get my guide to show them?

New Poster

I am confused, is HBO not free on our TV for these few days?

New Poster

My "on demand" for tv series (on my 3 desktop computers and 1 tablet) are not working. There is no "watch now" tab and episodes listed below it, just "upcoming" tab. This has been going on since Saturday 11-17-2018. Did you guys accidently change something after my phone call to customer service where you charged me for a WWE Wrestling match on pay per view that I did order or watch.  It seems to have started after that.  I have made multiple phone calls totaling at least 7 hours. My next phone call is going to be to the "PUC". You are not providing the service I am over paying for. YOU NEED TO FIX YOUR STREAMING WEBSITE "https://www.xfinity.com/stream/" IT IS BLOCKING PEOPLE FROM RECEIVING ON DEMAND ON COMPUTERS. CHECK YOUR COMPLAINT FORUM.  And btw, there are no tabs in the free hbo/max tv series page like game of thrones, ballers, oz, sopranos, etc.
Problem Solver

HOW TO ACCESS THE FREE HBO THANKSGIVING WEEKEND.

Press the "XFINITY" button then select "ON DEMAND" then select "HBO FREE PREVIEW".

You can also access it with the Xfinity Streaming App on your computer.

New Poster

Why can't I record the movies I want to watch during this "free" weekend?
Problem Solver

I have no idea except if you could record them you could not watch them after the free preview is over. The DVR could not access a movie or channel you do not pay for.

Silver Problem Solver

@Fransmead wrote:
Why can't I record the movies I want to watch during this "free" weekend?

The preview is only through OnDemand, and you cannot record OnDemand.

New Poster

I thought the free preview was thru Sunday the 25th, however it’s not working today. When I go to either HBO or Cinemax, it asks me to subscribe. I’m disappointed.
New Poster

It’s not working for me today.
New Poster

ATT Uverse allows selection of Free Preview weekends from menu and allows recording.  Come on Comcast Xfinity, get your act together.  Disappointed I ever left Uverse. Less issues, fast internet and much better tv system

Frequent Visitor

this is absurd   the e-ail said it would be free an nothing about this convoluted way of getting there  totally misleading

Frequent Visitor

me either

New Poster

I didn’t think it was either, but you have to go to On Demand.
New Poster

You have to go to On Demand
New Poster

That's nice you offer free channels and I can no longer access the ones I pay for!  All that shows up on my Xfinity Stream is HBO,Cinemax, and 7 channels of some sports. When I tried to watch AMC-The Walking Dead it was showing a subscribe button , same with FX .  I can't watch my shows but I'm sure I'll still be charged full price and told it was somehow an error on my behalf. Well seems like many other customers are having the same problem at the same time! 

Expert

Free Preview has ended.

Post being closed. (11/26/18)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!