Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta app on Samsung - no longer shows HD channels

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Stream Beta app on Samsung - no longer shows HD channels

I recently bought a Samsung Q7F and as soon as I got the Stream Beta app working, I packed away the TV box to just use the app, which gets it's content over ethernet.

Everything was working fine but suddenly the CBS HD was all pixelated, I tried re-installing, deleting, installing the app but the problem remained the same.

Few days later, all the the HD channels disappeared, and now even some of the SD channels are all pixelated.

I have been chatting and phoned with support but I honestly don't think they make much sense.

I would hate to go back to using the tv box, which I think is mediocre at best. They did mention something about tv-version and that they were working on it, but it was originally working.

Any suggetions on what to do?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app on Samsung - no longer shows HD channels

Here's my channel 12
EA00000E-2862-4476-B90B-68F77E097767.jpeg
New Poster

I am having the same issue.  Until about two weeks ago I was getting HD channels on my Samsung TV using the Xfinity app.  Now I only get the SD Channels and SD on demand programming.

Two weeks ago I was getting all the HD as well.

Anyone have any luck with tech support?

Frequent Visitor

At least I'm not alone, weird that it's suddenly broken. I guess waiting patiently is the way to go.

Expert

@rasmusrj wrote:

I recently bought a Samsung Q7F and as soon as I got the Stream Beta app working, I packed away the TV box to just use the app, which gets it's content over ethernet.

Everything was working fine but suddenly the CBS HD was all pixelated, I tried re-installing, deleting, installing the app but the problem remained the same.

Few days later, all the the HD channels disappeared, and now even some of the SD channels are all pixelated.

I have been chatting and phoned with support but I honestly don't think they make much sense.

I would hate to go back to using the tv box, which I think is mediocre at best. They did mention something about tv-version and that they were working on it, but it was originally working.

Any suggetions on what to do?

call 800-Comcast and select TV. ask the agent to run the interactive troubleshooting guide (Einstein) and find out what needs to happen to get your signal levels back to normal.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but the internet works fine, and the app relies solely on internet.

I don't think this changes anything.
Expert

@rasmusrj wrote:
Thanks, but the internet works fine, and the app relies solely on internet.

I don't think this changes anything.

Ok, reply back when you are willing to go through the steps to diagnose the problems. We are customers like you that are helping other customers.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Im having the same problem as well. HD worked fine until recently. I called Xfinity support, only to come to the conclusion that whoever I spoke to was clueless and has no business being in tech support. In addition to answering questions I didn't ask, he proceeded to reset the modem about 5 times,  each time taking aprox 15 minutes for the internet to kick back in for further testing.  After about an hour of troubleshooting he opened a ticket for me to have it escallated. I was supposed to receive a call back within 24-48 hours. That was Last Week. When I call back to check status, I get the usual scripted outsourced helpdesk who assures me they will get me "all fixed up".  then proceeds to put me on hold for 5 minutes until the call eventually get's dropped.  That happened twice.  

I've come to the conclusion that they have absolutely no clue as to why it stopped working. 

Expert

@leosipod0420 wrote:

Im having the same problem as well. HD worked fine until recently. I called Xfinity support, only to come to the conclusion that whoever I spoke to was clueless and has no business being in tech support. In addition to answering questions I didn't ask, he proceeded to reset the modem about 5 times,  each time taking aprox 15 minutes for the internet to kick back in for further testing.  After about an hour of troubleshooting he opened a ticket for me to have it escallated. I was supposed to receive a call back within 24-48 hours. That was Last Week. When I call back to check status, I get the usual scripted outsourced helpdesk who assures me they will get me "all fixed up".  then proceeds to put me on hold for 5 minutes until the call eventually get's dropped.  That happened twice.  

I've come to the conclusion that they have absolutely no clue as to why it stopped working. 

did you start a new plan? look at your most recent bill and see if you have an HD Technology charge for $9.95 the HD on Roku should work fine. if the HD is included in a package with no separate charge then only your local HD channels may show in HD. It is the way the beta is currently set up.

Official Employee

Hi @leosipod0420

Sorry for the experience you're having. The information provided by @Rustyben is correct. If this was working for you before and recently stopped, I'd like to check your account to ensure you still have the HD Tech Fee charge. 

Since there has been a ticket created for this, I'd like to check on the status of it. If you don't mind me looking into this, can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am a gigabit 140+ channel customer that has HD Channels on my TV box, tablet steam app, and phone stream app. The Samsung un55mu6290 tv in my bedroom is using the stream beta app. It does not have HD channels at all. This is not an issue with my plan. The channels work with out issue on two mobile devices, and a set top box. Please let me know how this can be resolved. I was on the phiphone w a nice gentleman for 30 minutes logging out. Uninstalled the app. Etc. All the same things I had already done in my own.

Official Employee

Hi, Blessedbro - 

Thank you for reaching out on the forum. I'd be happy to take a look at the account with you and troubleshoot this further. Please send me a PM with your first/last name to get started.

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

adding... look at your most recent cable bill and look for a line similar to HD Technology fee and see if the charge amount is approximately $10. if not there, the stream beta app currently won't show cable channels in HD, but the local channel's HD channels will probably be in HD.

Frequent Visitor

There's no HD in my bill, I did however have most channels in HD originally, now I don't have any via the app. I do via computer or the tv-box (if you can call 1080i HD).

Expert

@rasmusrj wrote:

There's no HD in my bill, I did however have most channels in HD originally, now I don't have any via the app. I do via computer or the tv-box (if you can call 1080i HD).

I recently asked if the beta app on Samsung is the same set of usage rules as the Roku beta app and was assured they were the same. the Roku rules are currently if no separate 'line' on bill for HD technology (at $10 not 0.00) then no HD on cable channels on the Roku.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, that is more information than I have ever been able to ghet from Xfinity support (which also seems to be in beta).

What is really weird, is that it worked great in the begining (3 months ago), then some channels started to not work in HD then they all dissapeared.