Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App isn’t working on Roku Streaming stick 3800R

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App isn’t working on Roku Streaming stick 3800R

I was told by a few different representatives that if I were to buy a Roku stick that I could download the xfinity stream app and I could login with my parents account to watch some of their channels. However, this message keeps coming up: “This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-home XFINITY WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go any time you like.”

I tried on my Insignia smart TV first and had the same error message so that was when I was told I need to buy a Roku stick to be able to login. But it doesn’t work on the stick either, can someone please help with this issue!!
5507D71A-81F5-434A-8101-593F547EB958.jpeg
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream App isn’t working on Roku Streaming stick 3800R

AMP512 wrote:
I was told by a few different representatives that if I were to buy a Roku stick that I could download the xfinity stream app and I could login with my parents account to watch some of their channels. However, this message keeps coming up: “This device can only access XFINITY Stream on your in-home XFINITY WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go any time you like.”

I tried on my Insignia smart TV first and had the same error message so that was when I was told I need to buy a Roku stick to be able to login. But it doesn’t work on the stick either, can someone please help with this issue!!

The xf roku stream app only works while on the tv account holder's home network.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-on-Roku/td-p/2834869

New Poster

My TV is connected to my home network and I'm getting the same error message.
New Poster

We are having the same problem with our Roku TV. We have removed the xfinity stream channel/app and readded it and STILL it is telling us we can not stream. We get the same error message above that asks us to exit or sign out and then we have to authorize it all over again only for it not to work. We can only watch our Comcast channels through our Xfinity stream app and it is real annoying to pay so much for comcast and nothing to work.....

Expert