Community Forum

Xfinity Blocking FOX"

New Poster

Xfinity Blocking FOX"

Xfinity app is blocking all advertising that is programed for the FOX News channel. I'm not a fan of advertising but it occures to me tha this is a sinister attempt to damage the FOX network. The station is working as expected on cable but not the app. Also, this is the ONLY station that is is happening. I contacted xfinity customer service and they had absoutely no idea what I was talking about and suggested it might be my computer! Amazing....

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Blocking FOX"

Ronkay wrote:

Xfinity app is blocking all advertising that is programed for the FOX News channel. I'm not a fan of advertising but it occures to me tha this is a sinister attempt to damage the FOX network. The station is working as expected on cable but not the app. Also, this is the ONLY station that is is happening. I contacted xfinity customer service and they had absoutely no idea what I was talking about and suggested it might be my computer! Amazing....

You are referring to the "TV Go" (out of home) version of FOX News. What you are seeing is a slate provide by FOX and displayed at their request. This typically occurs when a network doesn't have rights to display their commercials out of home.  The same/similar slate would be displayed for programming/shows which they don't have rights for out-of-home but this is less typical since they will usually substitute content. If you check the in-home version of FOX News (must be connected to your in-home XFINITY network) you will see typical advertisements.

Comcast/XFINITY has a close working relationship with FOX (all network brands) with multiple phone calls/meetings between the companies each week. 

-ComcastDan

New Poster

Im currently streaming Foxnews from my home network, (on my back porch) and each commerical break shows approximately 2 seconds of the first commerical, then a graphic displays 'Commerical Break in Progress.  Programming will return shortly'.

Seems to me the previous responses are invalid!  BTW:  Other news channels commericals are shown????

I would like to understand why, parent company of NBC and MSNBC.

Official Employee

SDinBellevue wrote:

Im currently streaming Foxnews from my home network, (on my back porch) and each commerical break shows approximately 2 seconds of the first commerical, then a graphic displays 'Commerical Break in Progress.  Programming will return shortly'.

Seems to me the previous responses are invalid!  BTW:  Other news channels commericals are shown????

I would like to understand why, parent company of NBC and MSNBC.

That sounds like you are watching the TV Go version of the channel. This can happen if your mobile device is too far from your wireless gateway (e.g. on the back porch) and momentarily switches to cellular.  Upon starting up the channel, if it is a "TV Go" version, you will see "TV Go.... data charges may apply" language at the bottom of the video player for about 5 seconds.

If you still have concerns that something nefarious is occurring, please notify FOX News and they will work with us to resolve. 

http://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

-ComcastDan

New Poster

But sometimes it does not come back and I miss an entire segment. 5 minutes away on commercial break is not normal.  

Expert
New Poster

fox news commercials are blocked but they do not resume regular programming in a timely manner causing the viewer to miss much of the show.

New Poster

This has been happening to me for over a YEAR!!!<br>When I go into MSNBC - Notta! Zilch! When I go into CNN - Notta! Zilch!!!<br><br>I am so angry!<!!<br>I am going to report this to FOX NEWS and have them take a survey!!!
New Poster

There's something nefarious going on.  They mask the commercial then leave it on for several minutes causing me to miss a good portion of the show.  Just now the commercial blanker was on from 20:53 until 21:01,  NO commercial set lasts that long, I too think Infinity is doing this on purpose since it keeps happening.