Community Forum

Xfinity Beta app stuck on initializing

New Poster

Xfinity Beta app stuck on initializing

All of a sudden, the App is not working on either of our Roku's. The screen is stuck on initializing. We've tried deleting the app and reloading, with no success.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Beta app stuck on initializing

@mlineweber wrote:

All of a sudden, the App is not working on either of our Roku's. The screen is stuck on initializing. We've tried deleting the app and reloading, with no success.

first, try a power down of your modem/gateway (unplug for 3+ minutes and then plug back in. after the LEDs show bootup complete try again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Beta app stuck on initializing

This was happening to me on my Roku. I solved it by re-starting the Roku. Start with options (the gear symbol in the upper right corner of the screen), and look around until you see the re-start option. It only takes a minute or so to finish rebooting.  There were some other apps that loaded but didn't log in, this fixed them all.
I'm not sure if this was the cause, but the problem began after a power surge in our house.