Community Forum

XFINITY not listed on HBO GO

New Poster

XFINITY not listed on HBO GO

I downloaded HBO GO and when I go to active it, it doesn't list Xfinity as a provider. Is it listed under something else?
Screenshot_20180528-204139_HBO GO.jpg
Expert

Re: XFINITY not listed on HBO GO

@Amy23 wrote:
I downloaded HBO GO and when I go to active it, it doesn't list Xfinity as a provider. Is it listed under something else?

just installed on an android phone. select 'comcast xfinity'

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Comcast Xfinity isn't showing up in my list. I've used the app plenty of times before but today it disappeared.
Screenshot_20180701-141937.png
Expert

@Whsteve wrote:
Comcast Xfinity isn't showing up in my list. I've used the app plenty of times before but today it disappeared.

scroll down to xfinity

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Same here comcast is not listed which it use to be under and xfinity is not listed either. Did comcast stop authorizing hbo go use like they did the starz app?
Highlighted
Expert

@Kjones3819 wrote:
Same here comcast is not listed which it use to be under and xfinity is not listed either. Did comcast stop authorizing hbo go use like they did the starz app?

Xfinity is listed in alphabetical order and is just before all the college and university listings.

hbogo1.jpg

New Poster

Looks like the HBOGO.com/activate site is not mobile friendly. Use your computer and there will be an Xfinity button above the More Providers List.
Frequent Visitor

It looks like the list is cut off on my iPhone X, not going further past providers beginning with “W”. Unfortunately, this small bug prevents me from using the HBO GO app completely!
Expert

@killbill508 wrote:
It looks like the list is cut off on my iPhone X, not going further past providers beginning with “W”. Unfortunately, this small bug prevents me from using the HBO GO app completely!

sign on while you are on your home wifi. the xfinity screen for signin will appear. the list you are looking at is by cable providers then next a listing of the schools/universities/etc.  scroll up more than 1/2 from the bottom and find the end of the list with 'xfinity' if out of home.

Frequent Visitor

I deleted the app then reinstalled it. Fixed the issue.
New Poster

Depends on the Device!

Okay so I noticed. HBO GO Activation needs to be from the computer or turn on desktop version of your mobile browser.

Also notice Xfinity is there..depending on what device you use. look at the screen shots from today 8/19/18. I could not activate a apple TV- But I could activate others. I could NOT use apple but I can use xbox.....HUMMMMMM.  

Also online via google I can use xfinity to log into HBO GO too. Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 5.05.18 PM.pngw/ Samsung TV Device

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 5.05.03 PM.pngw/Android TV Device

New Poster

Re: Depends on the Device!

I'm using my computer with Windows 10. I dont see Xfinity as an option anymore either.

Expert

Re: Depends on the Device!

@creepinBasement wrote:

I'm using my computer with Windows 10. I dont see Xfinity as an option anymore either.

if you are going to the https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ site using chrome with flash turned on (not blocked) then your streaming will work. 

New Poster

For iPhone goto settings > tv provider. Then choose xfinity. And make sure the apps like hbo are checked green. This allows it for when you go to sign in hbo go it will pop up “use xfinity provider” and you click yes and it will redirect you either to login or setup your hbogo id.
15D4A141-10C3-4141-98C3-0E2A551A06D4.jpeg
5A7A4AAA-5BC4-4B67-8959-A56C9703D017.png
New Poster

It’s a mobile thing. It may also be an iPhone X thing. I logged in on the tablet and it worked just fine.
Expert

it appears that that screen shot is the apple TV app.

New Poster

Xfinity doesn't show up as an option for tivo devices. If you select a different device like roku, xfinity shows up.  I guess xfinity is in a snit since tivo and they are in court over a patent issue.  I guess xfinity is taking it out on its customers by denying access to hbogo from tivo equipment.

Expert

@msauper wrote:

Xfinity doesn't show up as an option for tivo devices. If you select a different device like roku, xfinity shows up.  I guess xfinity is in a snit since tivo and they are in court over a patent issue.  I guess xfinity is taking it out on its customers by denying access to hbogo from tivo equipment.

Issues with TiVo should be taken up with TiVo.  Last I read was that TiVo added apps for HBO in their OTT (over the top) app services.

New Poster

Very helpful! I just found it! Thank you!
Regular Visitor

Does not work for me and my TiVo. I get a “Device not supported” error
Expert

@jimausman wrote:
Does not work for me and my TiVo. I get a “Device not supported” error

you would need to contact TiVO about that issue on their set top box.