Community Forum

XFINITY Instant TV Beta

New Poster

Re: XFINITY Instant TV Beta

Yes - it does work on my ipad and iphone. Launching channel, meaning - click on the “watch” icon. It then closes then gives a blank screen and closes the app on Roku.
Expert

@jdretief wrote:
Yes - it does work on my ipad and iphone. Launching channel, meaning - click on the “watch” icon. It then closes then gives a blank screen and closes the app on Roku.

from the home roku screen highlight the xfinity channel and press the star (*) key on the roku remote. select remove channel. then search for and reinstall the xfinity channel. working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I see this has Cloud DVR. Does the regular Xfninity Stream site/app have cloud DVR cababilty?

Silver Problem Solver

@and_youf wrote:

I see this has Cloud DVR. Does the regular Xfninity Stream site/app have cloud DVR cababilty?

If you mean https://www.xfinity.com/stream/

It appears so; the same saved recordings appear there as well as on my X1 STB.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Yes I meant the Stream site you linked. I see that my recordings from X1 box are listed there under "Saved" and I can modify/delete them from the Stream site. Do you know of a way to schedule from the site? Like in the TV listings area can I set a recording for upcoming content or does it have to be done from the X1 box?

Example: Stonehenge show is on NatGeo later tonight. If I go to show description I just get "Watch Channel" or "More Info" no way to record from there.

Some things on later have "Watch Now" and are on-demand so no issue with those of course.

Diamond Problem Solver

At this time,You cannot schedule a recording remotely. There’s a long thread here

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/m-p/3180417#M20018

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

The Xfinity Instant TV needs a lot of work.   It will likely be the reason I switch providers at the end of my contract.  The fact that it cant pause live tv on either Roku or Samsung is lame.   The fact that there is no favorites option on Samsung app is also lame.    This is an app that is in beta forever yet I am paying for it!

Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
At this time,You cannot schedule a recording remotely. There’s a long thread here

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/m-p/3180417#M20018

Thank you.

New Poster

@and_youf wrote:

@and_youf wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:

Thank you.

Yesterday, my first day on the Instant TV app on my IOS device, I was absolutely able to set up recording schedules for several shows remotely. Problem is, when I went back into the app to modify those schedules, I was unable to do so. 

New Poster

1) Called for service and was offered and Instant TV package. However there is no Apple TV app and it doesn't allow you to AirPlay. Is an Apple TV app in the pipeline and imminent?

2) At the bottom of the All Channel List there are channels tagged as TV GO and a lighter gray background. What is the difference?

3) Also the web interface is Flash and not HTML. Not installing an outdated Flash player on my Mac. Why is a new service built on a legacy and outdate platform?

IMG_0094.jpg

New Poster

Great idea but doesn’t work. Had it for 2 days and now it won’t connect. No doubt Comcast wants you to ent the second tv box so they can collect $10/month
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Seem likes updated the Samsung app recently.  Not Roku

Regular Visitor

If you’re choosing between a Samsung TV or a Roku streaming device, go with the Roku. If you use the Samsung TV, the Samsung remote doesn’t let you easily use all the functions. It’s play forward and backward keys are extremely small. That’s why even though I have Samsung TV I still purchased a Roku streaming device.
New Poster

Has this service been terminated by comcast? I wanted to try it but all the links seem to route to the regular x2 pages now.
Expert

@rigerco wrote:
Has this service been terminated by comcast? I wanted to try it but all the links seem to route to the regular x2 pages now.

not sure what link you used. did you log in to see the offer? LINK

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

rigerco, XFINITY Instant TV is still here! In some areas, it has been added as an option (no box required) to some of our most popular packages so there might be some difference in how it is packaged. Let's check to see what your options are! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Please add the option to pause and rewind live tv. Thats the only thing this service is missing. Mostly all the other live tv streaming services have this feature.

Frequent Visitor

Well its not the only thing but it would be a start to pause and rewind live tv

Also the mini guide would be cool if there was an option to view descriptions

Also the regular guide, it would be better if they got rid of all the duplicate channels and just had an option for HD or SD

New Poster

Agreed if they combine SD and HD that would be nice. The guide has too many duplicate channels.
New Poster

I just switched From YoutubeTV to Xfinity Stream Beta, and I must say, everything looks good, except for one major feature; pause/rewind live TV.

Why can’t I pause or rewind live TV like all the other apps can? Are you planning on adding this feature soon? Also, I don’t see a record option form the live tv interface. To record, I have to exit the live program and click record from the guide. These are big deal breakers. I hope this is fixed soon.

FYI, I’m using Roku Ultra to stream your TV services.
Expert

@ashbaker8612 wrote:
I just switched From YoutubeTV to Xfinity Stream Beta, and I must say, everything looks good, except for one major feature; pause/rewind live TV.

Why can’t I pause or rewind live TV like all the other apps can? Are you planning on adding this feature soon? Also, I don’t see a record option form the live tv interface. To record, I have to exit the live program and click record from the guide. These are big deal breakers. I hope this is fixed soon.

FYI, I’m using Roku Ultra to stream your TV services.

only set top boxes can pause live TV.  If you have DVR service, you can record a program, and while in the home begin watching the recording allowing you to pause the live TV program recording in progress of being recorded. that iwll give you the effect of pausing live TV, 

Frequent Visitor

Yes and this is LAME!

Comcast does not want to make stream app good because it wants people to continue paying for their set top boxes

New Poster

@ComcastJessie wrote:
Can I watch XFINITY Instant TV Beta content on multiple devices at the same time?
Yes. You can watch on up to two devices simultaneously.
Are there any plans to allow more than two devices to access Instant TV? I've got three ROKU TVs and a ROKU STB (and five TV watchers). And, occasionally, it would be nice to be able to watch on more than two devices. The first two viewers get to watch Instant TV, any additional ones get to stream something else.
New Poster

Noted your comment about Adobe Flash. Adobe Flash will be sailing off into the sunset late in 2020. As it stands on a PC, it takes about five minutes to bring up Xfinity Stream, during which you need to stay on the screen because multiple prompts come up.

You can Xfinity Stream on an iPad, to mention an Apple device that doesn't implement Flash. On the other hand, the only apps I've seen run well on Android Flash (which they had at one time but it was discontinued) seemed to be Adobe's demo files.

Expert

@Sneakers55 wrote:

@ComcastJessie wrote:
Can I watch XFINITY Instant TV Beta content on multiple devices at the same time?
Yes. You can watch on up to two devices simultaneously.
Are there any plans to allow more than two devices to access Instant TV? I've got three ROKU TVs and a ROKU STB (and five TV watchers). And, occasionally, it would be nice to be able to watch on more than two devices. The first two viewers get to watch Instant TV, any additional ones get to stream something else.

add one physical box and the stream changes to 5 from 2.

Expert

@Sneakers55 wrote:

Noted your comment about Adobe Flash. Adobe Flash will be sailing off into the sunset late in 2020. As it stands on a PC, it takes about five minutes to bring up Xfinity Stream, during which you need to stay on the screen because multiple prompts come up.

You can Xfinity Stream on an iPad, to mention an Apple device that doesn't implement Flash. On the other hand, the only apps I've seen run well on Android Flash (which they had at one time but it was discontinued) seemed to be Adobe's demo files.

you may have other issues as stream is simply a web page. the flash just verifies that the HDCP is enforced for connection not for 'streaming'. 

New Poster

My Sumsug Smart TV is having trouble with the Xfinity Beta.  Do you need some special connections app?  

Now that I'm connected, the delay during the football game is terrible.  

Please make a recommendation to improve the beta system, and reduce delay in the streaming.

Expert

@connolly_barry wrote:

My Sumsug Smart TV is having trouble with the Xfinity Beta.  Do you need some special connections app?  

Now that I'm connected, the delay during the football game is terrible.  

Please make a recommendation to improve the beta system, and reduce delay in the streaming.

the live signal must go through a device called a transcoder than ouputs a video stream to your device. it takes a massive amount of computing time to make that new signal and that isthe reason for the delay.

New Poster

I agree, I have tried Sling, Youtube TV and now Xfinity Stream TV and so far Xfinity is horrible in comparison. I tried to watch football and the picture quality was on and off, kept losing sound, sometimes it had to buffer, and it didnt record the whole game. Not worth the money. Poor Quality of Service.
Expert

@Shanesucre78 wrote:
I agree, I have tried Sling, Youtube TV and now Xfinity Stream TV and so far Xfinity is horrible in comparison. I tried to watch football and the picture quality was on and off, kept losing sound, sometimes it had to buffer, and it didnt record the whole game. Not worth the money. Poor Quality of Service.

sounds like you had a very bad signal. was that a laptop on wifi? what OS and version?