Community Forum

Wrong channels, getting Boston list not my northern VT list

New Poster

Wrong channels, getting Boston list not my northern VT list

I've noticed my two Android tablets show channel listings for the Boston market yet I'm in the Burlington, VT market with different network affiliates and channel numbers.

Checked xfinity.com and see the same.  Oddly, if I watch the Weather Channel, it shows the correct Burlington VT location.

Is there something I need to reset for a location?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Wrong channels, getting Boston list not my northern VT list

dalejava wrote:

I've noticed my two Android tablets show channel listings for the Boston market yet I'm in the Burlington, VT market with different network affiliates and channel numbers.

Checked xfinity.com and see the same.  Oddly, if I watch the Weather Channel, it shows the correct Burlington VT location.

Is there something I need to reset for a location?

The app and website work off your billing address for your location so there's nothing you can do to change it. If you haven't moved, you can try to delete the app data, reinstall and try again, for the website delete your browser cookies and cache.

New Poster

I may have fixed this.  After posting, I dug around more and found online I couldn't get my channel list but my address looked right at first.  Then I noticed a hash # in it, I removed it and could get a correct online listing.

I don't know why a # would sudeny have been added after no past issues but I think it will work on all platforms now.

Thanks

New Poster

had to contact Xfinity support to resolve.  All is working after their internal tech changed something.  The chat rep wasn't able to fix directly.