Community Forum

Why

New Poster

Why

Why can I not watch The Women's World Cup on Fox? I have access to Fox at all other times, but now I am restricted.

Expert

Re: Why

@bk6386 wrote:

Why can I not watch The Women's World Cup on Fox? I have access to Fox at all other times, but now I am restricted.

were you at home connected to yoru own home wifi? if so did you try a smart phone/tablet to see if it worked on that device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Watch Fox on Xfinity Stream or the Fox app? And what device. But try logging out then logging back in. I think Fox own FX and FX always log me out.
New Poster

NO...I was at work. Were I at home, I would simply watch on my TV. The beauty of streaming is supposed to be that you can watch WHAT YOU PAY FOR when you are not at home.

Silver Problem Solver

@bk6386 wrote:

NO...I was at work. Were I at home, I would simply watch on my TV. The beauty of streaming is supposed to be that you can watch WHAT YOU PAY FOR when you are not at home.

Is this what you are using?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-website

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I was watching from My xfinity at work. This isn't that complicated. Obviously xfinity has some contractual obligation to only allow access to these games only on a home network. My question is WHY?

Diamond Problem Solver

Have you tried the Fox website and/or mobile app? It’s the broadcasters call what is allowed contractually to be shown on the app
https://www.foxsports.com/watch/instant-access
For more information see, note it does say select markets, yours may not be one
https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-complete-live-4k-coverage-fifa-womens-world-cup...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

@bk6386 wrote:

I was watching from My xfinity at work. This isn't that complicated. Obviously xfinity has some contractual obligation to only allow access to these games only on a home network. My question is WHY?

smart app and stream site have FS1 TVgo channel. some broadcasts are designated in home only comcast has no control over that

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hello bk6386, the information that (Rustyben and ComcastAndrew) provided is correct should give a better understanding of what's going on. If you would like more information or need any further assistance please reach back out to me here or via private message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi bk6386, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.