Community Forum

Why Am I Always Getting A Tiny Rectangle On My Screen?

New Poster

Why Am I Always Getting A Tiny Rectangle On My Screen?

Yesterday I tried to watch War For The Planet Of The Apes on HBO, and couldn't because it was showing in a little rectangle on my screen, and today I tried again, and its still showing the same way!

Now this has happened many many times, even when I was watching a TV series, I would finish watching one episode, and go on to the next, only to have it comeout with the tiny rectangle instead of normal! 

And I won't watch anything when its like that, you can barely see whats happening then!

And I never ever have had that happen with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime or CBS All Access, OR when I have went to the networks own site to watch the same TV show, like SyFy or AMC!

And seeing as Xfinity costs more then those others do, especially when you are paying for all the networks, including premium ones, that is pretty bad!

Now to add to that, today it  has just kept going out completely on me while watching one movie, 3 times, and now with only 19 minutes left, it won't comeback! Again something that hardly ever happens with the others, actually only Hulu has had something like that happen to me, it doesn't have it happen as much as Xfinity does!

These things need to stop, especially the bit with the tiny rectangle seeing as its being going on for years and can't be caused by internet connection, which I have Xfinity's fastest internet, or something like Adobe screwing up, which is part of the blacking out problem I know!

But having a tiny rectangle show up on my screen can't be because of Adobe, that just something the site seems to do for no good reason!

Expert

Re: Why Am I Always Getting A Tiny Rectangle On My Screen?

@claramj1968 wrote:

Yesterday I tried to watch War For The Planet Of The Apes on HBO, and couldn't because it was showing in a little rectangle on my screen, and today I tried again, and its still showing the same way!

Now this has happened many many times, even when I was watching a TV series, I would finish watching one episode, and go on to the next, only to have it comeout with the tiny rectangle instead of normal! 

And I won't watch anything when its like that, you can barely see whats happening then!

And I never ever have had that happen with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime or CBS All Access, OR when I have went to the networks own site to watch the same TV show, like SyFy or AMC!

And seeing as Xfinity costs more then those others do, especially when you are paying for all the networks, including premium ones, that is pretty bad!

Now to add to that, today it  has just kept going out completely on me while watching one movie, 3 times, and now with only 19 minutes left, it won't comeback! Again something that hardly ever happens with the others, actually only Hulu has had something like that happen to me, it doesn't have it happen as much as Xfinity does!

These things need to stop, especially the bit with the tiny rectangle seeing as its being going on for years and can't be caused by internet connection, which I have Xfinity's fastest internet, or something like Adobe screwing up, which is part of the blacking out problem I know!

But having a tiny rectangle show up on my screen can't be because of Adobe, that just something the site seems to do for no good reason!

many on-demand programs are offered multiple ways. I found the SD regular on demand that you mentioned as well as the HD TVgo (from the network) version, too. When you watch in SD it will be letterboxed as the program was resized when the SD version was made to work on a 4:3 screen. Play the TVgo (internet charge apply).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Its not letter boxed, I know letter boxed, this has happened even when I was watching a TV series, and finished one episode and went to watch another episode and the size of the screen changed to me having a tiny rectangle in the middle of my widescreen computer screen! And I was watching in HD too!

Expert

@claramj1968 wrote:

Its not letter boxed, I know letter boxed, this has happened even when I was watching a TV series, and finished one episode and went to watch another episode and the size of the screen changed to me having a tiny rectangle in the middle of my widescreen computer screen! And I was watching in HD too!

I watched the TVgo (HD) version and it was fine. try a different browser like Chromecast or Firefox (enable always the flash extension)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!