Community Forum

Where is the "Record" option when using a computer's Browser?

New Poster

Where is the "Record" option when using a computer's Browser?

Yesterday I noticed that I could not set a record option while I was watching Live TV on my computer at work using a web browser! What happened where did this function go I was able to do this in the past? And NO I am not downloading the Stream app on my phone just to do this. I am an Xfinity X1 customer and have been a customer for over 15 yrs. Rather than using an app on my phone to watch TV, set recordings I preferr to watch on one of my 24' monitors at my office rather than my 9' phone screen.

Has anyone else noticed this? 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Where is the "Record" option when using a computer's Browser?

mr_edr1 wrote:

Yesterday I noticed that I could not set a record option while I was watching Live TV on my computer at work using a web browser! What happened where did this function go I was able to do this in the past? And NO I am not downloading the Stream app on my phone just to do this. I am an Xfinity X1 customer and have been a customer for over 15 yrs. Rather than using an app on my phone to watch TV, set recordings I preferr to watch on one of my 24' monitors at my office rather than my 9' phone screen.

Has anyone else noticed this? 

When you click on a show you should get info on the show including 3 buttons, Watch Channel, Record, and Episodes, does yours not match what is shown below?

Untitled.png

New Poster

No mine is gone I tried both Chrome & IE same result.

Chrome_Browser.png

New Poster

Chrome Browser versionCapture.PNG

New Poster

I also noticed that you are at Home. I am at my office this option should still be present to set a recording as an Xfinity X1 customer.

Bronze Problem Solver

mr_edr1 wrote:

I also noticed that you are at Home. I am at my office this option should still be present to set a recording as an Xfinity X1 customer.

Are you saying you'er trying to record something listed on a TV Go channel? If so, that is something you can not do. You have to go to the non TV Go channel to get the record button. Your pics didn't make it to the forum.

New Poster

Dude thanks so much you are way more help than the Xfinity reps on the phone.

Official Employee

Hello mr_edr1, I see mvenanzi was able to assist you, is there anything else you need assistance with? 

Contributor

YES. I just tried to set up a recording for this coming weekend - from my computer. I did this as recently as last week. WHERE IS THIS OPTION NOW??? I will be traveling when this show is on and want to watch it on my computer when I have access. If Comcast has taken this option away, that's about it with me and Comcast. That would be the last straw of mnay.

Contributor

This is what I see. No Record option. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 9.58.52 PM.png
Official Employee
Moved: