Community Forum

Where'd all the movie genres go??

Frequent Visitor

Where'd all the movie genres go??

I was browsing movies on Xfinity Stream looking for a sci-fi movie, but that genre has disappeared. Most of them have. There's sections for movies with or without ads, premium movies, certified fresh and then all movies. The "top" genres are listed: action, comedy, drama, family, horror, indie, romance, award winners. There used to be way more. What happened to them?

Is this an Xfinity issue or an issue on my end? (I'm using Chrome on a desktop)

Expert

Re: Where'd all the movie genres go??

@UserXYZ wrote:

I was browsing movies on Xfinity Stream looking for a sci-fi movie, but that genre has disappeared. Most of them have. There's sections for movies with or without ads, premium movies, certified fresh and then all movies. The "top" genres are listed: action, comedy, drama, family, horror, indie, romance, award winners. There used to be way more. What happened to them?

Is this an Xfinity issue or an issue on my end? (I'm using Chrome on a desktop)

seems to be a new category 'top genres' but no 'all genres'. tried search for sci-fi science fiction etc but no genre came up. wonder if the browse is in process of an update.I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I have also noticed this grievous error.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Rustyben!

Official Employee

UserXYZ, great observation. I'll reach out to our app teams to get more info on this. I'll report back here. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, KenF!

New Poster

also no movies show up in the browse section for premium channels,the only thing that pops up to browse are thier on series,no movies at all,wasnt like that last week

New Poster

Any update?

Official Employee

All, 

Here is the answer I got: 'These menus are all dynamic, programmed by editors, and thus are constantly changing.'

It looks like these are the new menus for now--until a new change is implemented in future updates. You can leave your feedback in the app at settings-->help-->feedback. 

KenF

New Poster

So you are saying that there will be no genres? Netflix and everyone else can do it.
Official Employee

Hi temporary-me, 

It appears that way until a change is made.